AutoX 8/10 @ OSU!!

Dr. Apex

Our next event is 1 week away at the OSU Ackerman lot. I should be in attendance and hopefully driving if I can find a ride in time. It's been since June since I've run and need to shake the cobwebs off before Mid-Ohio.

Hope to see some familiar faces there!!

Coty, you making the NASA event in 2 weeks??

Nah, planning to take part in the Porsche Club Driver Education event. Nothing timed, just trying to learn. Once my confidence and experience grow, I'll maybe try HPDE around a track.

HPDE isn't timed either, they emphasize not worrying about times actually and is ideal for learning to drive on the big tracks. I talked with an instructor and they start out very basic and you move at your own pace which is nice.

I'm looking forward to this weekend since it's been almost 2 months since I've really driven anything.

Our next event is 1 week away at the OSU Ackerman lot. I should be in attendance and hopefully driving if I can find a ride in time.

I have a ride for you. It's in the corral section. Rental fee is $15,000, and that comes with a signed title :)

Quite likely, but none the less, I need some help here. Apparently, my car falls completely outside of the classifications for solo. WTF? I refuse to believe that no 3.8 supercharged has ever competed at a solo event.

I'm no expert on non-stock classes, but the fact that your car is more than lightly modified would put you in Street Mod or something similar, I would think. I'm a moron, though.

OK, so, I can't find a damn thing anywhere about getting a weekend membership on any of the sites. Is it included in the registration, or do I have to sign up at the track?

http://www.dlbracing.com/drivers/login2.aspx?return=/clubs/ovr-scca/solo.aspx%3fEventID%3d3393

Go there and register so you can pay online for each event. You can also show up early to each event and register in beforehand, but there are only 30 or so slots available on-site.

OK, so, I can't find a damn thing anywhere about getting a weekend membership on any of the sites. Is it included in the registration, or do I have to sign up at the track?

If you are not an scca member, then the weekend membership is included in the $35 registration fee. I don't believe you have to do anything above registering online. As far as classing goes... what modifications have been done?

^Like he said the "SCCA Weekend Membership" is included in the fees. If you've turned the boost up you will be in the "SMS" class for street tires, if that class isn't available online to sign up for just sign up for "SM".

Cars hit the track around 9:30am.