Gun Crew?

Guest Hal

Do any of you guys have any experience with the Magnum Research line? I'm looking at a Baby Eagle Compact in either 9mm or 40sw. I haven't really heard much about the Baby Eagles and I'm wondering if it would be a good purchase.

No info on them other than it's bigger brother the Desert Eagle. Looks like the same workings when you compare the 2, but at the same time looks like something EAA shat out. Buy a Glock 21SF. There I made up your mind. Seriously. DO it. Do it.

I'm not a fan of the triggers on Glocks. I would get the bigger brother but, I think a .50 is a little big for CCW :cool:

ronnie at boom boom tactical did some trigger work on my M&P, but he mainly does glocks. hes great at what he does, hes cheap, and because he's local, you can save on having to ship out and wait. hes up near you, at schrock/huntley (next to budweiser factory)

http://boomboomtactical.net/

tell him evan w/ the M&P sent you

Good guns. C6 Rob has a fullsize 9mm variant that is an excellent shooters. IMO, it'd be a bit heavy to CCW, but, you said you're looking for a compact, so.... . I believe that Armalite (and possibly IMI by now) makes a polymer version of the gun as well. You could also take a look at the CZ 75 which is what the Baby Eagle is copied off of. Though, I hear the BE is a better version.

If it's for CCW, though, I've gotta agree with Scott. Go with one of the proven tupperware guns. They might not feel the best, but you absolutely can't hurt them.

I have rented the full steal version of the Desert Eagle Baby 9 many times while at the range at Ohio Valley Outdoors and I love it. It is a very smooth and straight shooting gun. I have plans to replace my current 9mm for the Baby 9 very soon. They did just come out with a version that has a polymer frame. I am leaning toward getting that one over the full steal version due to the weight and tactical rail. But I want to shoot one of the polymer ones before I purchase.

Do any of you guys have any experience with the Magnum Research line? I'm looking at a Baby Eagle Compact in either 9mm or 40sw. I haven't really heard much about the Baby Eagles and I'm wondering if it would be a good purchase.

i have a baby eagle 9mm and it's the most accurate pistol i've ever shot.

and iv'e shot alot of pistols.

my next gun is going to be the new polymer baby eagle.

the baby eagle is one of those guns thats overlooked mainly for the fact that the safety is located on the slide but it's easy to get used to. if you want i'll let you shoot mine all you want to see what you think.

I've been looking at these as well for 3 gun shooting..

It's between

Glock 17

Baby Eagle 9

S&W M&P

Also, just a thought, if you want something very concealable, look into the S&W Airweight .38's and .357's. They are small, light, you can get hammerless and they fit in your pocket.

It's between

Glock 17

Baby Eagle 9

S&W M&P

Also, just a thought, if you want something very concealable, look into the S&W Airweight .38's and .357's. They are small, light, you can get hammerless and they fit in your pocket.

For 3 gun, I'd go similiar to 1911 length, like a Glock 34/35, or even a 1911 made by any of the big manf. I plan on doing 3 gun but not until, 1911 has new sites on it, AR15 has new stock and TA31 ACOG, and my Mossberg 590 comes in. Full sized longer slide models will give you less recoil, and easier to keep your sights on target for rapid fire transitions.

It's between

Glock 17

Baby Eagle 9

S&W M&P

340PD FTW.

For 3 gun, I'd go similiar to 1911 length, like a Glock 34/35, or even a 1911 made by any of the big manf. I plan on doing 3 gun but not until, 1911 has new sites on it, AR15 has new stock and TA31 ACOG, and my Mossberg 590 comes in. Full sized longer slide models will give you less recoil, and easier to keep your sights on target for rapid fire transitions.

I am a "smaller" guy at 5'8 with smaller hands and the 17 fits me better than the 34 or a 1911..

I learned how to shoot with .357 revovlers and a police trade S&W heavy metal 9mm, anything with any amount of less recoil works for me. Plus I know where I can get a 17 for a great price.

Also, you will be at a slight disadvantage with the pump shotgun. I bought a Mossberg 930SPX specifically for 3gun as my O/U's won't work.

Slight, but I'm more comfortable with my pump.

Go shot for shot timed? 6 stationary targets, 1 stand? lol j/k. Some guys at our shooting club shoot sporting clays with pumps and do just fine.

I agree, I'm going to rent the M&P 360 this weekend to see if I like it anymore. I just like having that SA hammer :)

http://www.djjsecurity.com/catalog/images/SW163074.jpg

Pocket gun FTW.

I'd rather have the 360PD, too, over the 340. I like having the exposed hammer. Someday, I'll be getting one.

I'd rather have the 360PD, too, over the 340. I like having the exposed hammer. Someday, I'll be getting one.

I like the 340 a lot, damn thing is a wrist snapper and amazingly accurate. I like the hammer for the single action, yet it can be double action too. It's small enough for your pocket or for the kitchen drawer right next to the spoons.

LJ - if you want to shoot my M&P 9c, let me know...ive even got some access to private property to shoot on just out in johnstown on Fancher, which shouldnt be far from you

Thanks for the offer. I shot my brother in law's full size M&P, it's how I know I will be ok with a plastic gun.

We do need to go shoot sometime though.

If you want, you can go with me on my weekly surplus store and gander mountain runs, you do just live down the road