things may change in NASCAR

AJ

Because then it would be called IRL, why not make them all Honda engines while you are at it. :nono:

Oh like having all the same chassis with different sticker packages is somehow different. If they set a MAX HP rating then it comes to the teams' engineers to get more area under the curve. This is where EFI and more advanced engine designs will benefit the teams, rather than having an eignien that runs really well in jsut a narrow rev band.

They WANT it to be a spec series. They just don't have the BALLS to make it into one. As above, either let the teams run with the ball or dont' give them the ball at all.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I laugh at slow passing in NASCAR, I have seen Tony Stewart go from Last to First in a quarter of a race....

Ha! You can see a pass start, get up , go to the fridge, get a beer, look for yoru bottle opener, crack it open, pour itinto a mug, and then sit back down in time to see the pass finish.

ALso, with draft-racing, where's the worry that a pass won't work? Once they get more speed, they're past. What about picking a better line through theturn, or trying to make a pass stick after late braking? None of that is there. You just get a draft, pick up a couple cars in your wake and drive past the guy ahead of you... woo... yeah...

ALso, with draft-racing, where's the worry that a pass won't work? Once they get more speed, they're past. What about picking a better line through theturn, or trying to make a pass stick after late braking? None of that is there. You just get a draft, pick up a couple cars in your wake and drive past the guy ahead of you... woo... yeah...

Restricter plate racing is way more complicated than that. Passing has a lot more to do with what's going on behind you than what you're doing. You can go from 1st to last in a heart beat.

Who's Tony Stewert going to punch in the face this week. Tune in at 1:00PM Sunday to find out.

How many NASCAR shows do you need, really?

Pre NASCAR, post NASCAR, NASCAR insider, NASCAR pit strategy, NASCAR trucks, and my personal favorite, NASCAR race day.

NASCAR race day? Do you really need an entire program dedicated to 40 some cars driving in a circle all day? College football gameday makes sense, NASCAR gameday? No so much.

God I hate NASCAR.

Ha! You can see a pass start, get up , go to the fridge, get a beer, look for yoru bottle opener, crack it open, pour itinto a mug, and then sit back down in time to see the pass finish.

If this is your opinion, you have never watched a NASCAR race, not even Daytona. Funny how you have never seen 2 different cars run a high line while another runs a low line (yes in Draft racing) You don't "draft in the turns". Clearly you don't watch so you can exit the thread now please. In fact I will be happy to sit down with you on a Sunday and point all of that out since you sound to be blind.

Pre NASCAR, post NASCAR, NASCAR insider, NASCAR pit strategy, NASCAR trucks, and my personal favorite, NASCAR race day.

NASCAR race day? Do you really need an entire program dedicated to 40 some cars driving in a circle all day? College football gameday makes sense, NASCAR gameday? No so much.

God I hate NASCAR.

I don't watch Speed for this reason. I miss Speedvision :(

God I hate NASCAR.

I don't watch those shows, I watch the race.

God I hate NASCAR.

Agreed 100%.

If this is your opinion, you have never watched a NASCAR race, not even Daytona. Funny how you have never seen 2 different cars run a high line while another runs a low line (yes in Draft racing) You don't "draft in the turns". Clearly you don't watch so you can exit the thread now please. In fact I will be happy to sit down with you on a Sunday and point all of that out since you sound to be blind.

I used to watch NASCAR a long time ago. Back then, to me, it was just about watching cars go fast. BUt when every team started whining about any other team that went faster, and NASCAR started making every car like every other, I stopped. Rather than let teams develop their cars to overcome the advantages another team have, NASCAR would rather just regulate the advantage out.

On the big ovals, they might as well be one long straight. A car will drop out of a conga line after they've built up a couple mph in the draft. The cars behind will tag along because the more cars you have in a line, the less wind resistance and the whole line goes faster. They follow the agressive car past the other cars in front and then end up leading the conga line. That's a pass in NASCAR. *yawn*

You're welcome to come by on a race day. Just don't expect me to come out liking NASCAR any. :) This Sunday and Next are bad, but maybe sometie after.

EFI would be a cool thing to see, but I'm wondering how they'll regulate it? With the carb'd set ups the restrictor plate cuts the power. Will there be a blanket ECU tune? Throttle stop? Smaller throttle body?

The same way every other race series does it; a restrictor before the throttle body.

I would love to see NASCAR turn into something more like the Aussie V8 Supercar Series, but I don't think they could ever do that for oval racing. The safety of a "stock car" is probably far above what you could do with converting a car off the showroom floor. I'm not saying it's not possible, but that would be the major hurdle to get over.

Did you just say that aerodynamics doesn't apply in turns?

I guess what I meant was "bump" Draft in the turns. Unless they are wanting to wreck the guy in front of them, then they do. :) We all know they have to come out of the draft at some point, or they over heat, no airflow makes it hard to cool a motor turning 9000 rpm.

:nod:

EFI would be a cool thing to see, but I'm wondering how they'll regulate it? With the carb'd set ups the restrictor plate cuts the power. Will there be a blanket ECU tune? Throttle stop? Smaller throttle body?

I wouldn't mind more road courses too, that would kick ass on top of them going to a super speedway the very next weekend. I figured they'd keep the pony cars out of it for their aerodynamic advantages. The older IROC cars were Trans-Ams not too long ago, but seemed they were a little faster than the Cup cars. No need to complicate something that works as is.

Production motor with stock crank, stock bore, stock intake, stock throttle body, stock heads, stock ECU with thier pit crew's choice of tune, and see what they can do with what they sell us. And a good cage.

Speaking of that... I love how NASCAR fans always say "rubbins racin" then when someone makes contact it is a drama fest of helmets flying.

I will agree to a point here. "Rubbin's Racing'" is just an exscuse for bad driving. Not to mention, I've never heard someone who was hit say that.