Keepin it classy PETA.

cNeutron

I agree, but I think most people DO have compassion but don't feel at means to help. Helping the unfortunate has to come from the heart and not from a government program.

Well said. Not to mention the government programs allow lazy people to take advantage of them.

The government wouldn't have to help if everyones' personal opinion about it changed. It sickens me that people do not want to help other people in need. Really shows your character in a horrible way.

The government wouldn't have to help if everyones' personal opinion about it changed. It sickens me that people do not want to help other people in need. Really shows your character in a horrible way.

I'll agree with that, seeings how movie stars want to help some Ethiopian kid, but could care less about the bum down the street. Fuck everyone else, we need to help our own people first. But in that same right, if you can help it, and don't choose to do so (IE lazy, worthless) then I hope they're hungry.

I think I'll have some dead cow for dinner tonight.

Wrong. They're equally important. We share a balanced world with all living things. The fact we use them for food and sport is even more of a reason to take care of them. However, PETA is like any other extremist organization in that they use it as an excuse to take things too far and make themselves money.

Wow, that ad is completely fucking tactless. Whoever made that ad and approved it should be fucking beat and forced to eat meat.

What's funny is Ducks Unlimited and various other HUNTING organizations/sporting goods stores, do more to help wildlife than those PETA fags. I love Ted Nugent's idea, cut a tree down, then plant 2 in it's place. You kill an animal, breed 2 more.

I'll agree with that, seeings how movie stars want to help some Ethiopian kid, but could care less about the bum down the street.

Yeah these people will throw a whole concert for "X country because of X natural disaster" and get paid for it. By paid I mean BIG BUCKS. Then they will pass a bum on the street begging for food and turn their nose up at them. They think they are so much better then a hungry person. These celebrities are worthless if this is what they do.

Shit go work at a food bank and help cook/serve food to local people in your city. I have done this many of times. I even talk to the people there after they are done eating. There seems to be 2 different types of homeless people in my experience.

Some of them have stories on how they lost their job because the company downsized, their family or wife left them, etc etc and they can't afford a house. Other people though choose to be homeless... These people really interest me. I had a long talk with a group of 5 homeless people I gave food to at a food bank downtown. They all decided to give up on life. They got tired of working, got tired of taxes, tired of everything. They told me they were truly happy being homeless with no responsibilities. And to me if you want to do that then go with it. It is a free country do what you want. But the people that didn't choose to be homeless they really need our help.

We should help each other before we try to help other countries, animals, and other various wildlife. All 3 are important and hold value to me but the human life holds the highest value to me. Even more so if they are local in my town/city/state...

GO TALK TO A BUM NEXT TIME THEY ASK FOR MONEY. Don't just ignore them.

P.S. I let a total stranger that I only knew over the internet (IRC) come live with me for a month because his house was destroyed by Katrina. What did you do to help people affected by Katrina?

I really believe that a lot of people are desensitized to human suffering because of the way our society is now. We are so far from our primitive nature now, that people simply have been raised most of their lives as an individual competing for their own wealth. This is true, but there's plenty of room to help others out, but as long as the government is taking money from its citizens and distributing it in unknown ways, people will feel that they've done their part just by simply paying taxes.

I love how PETAs videos and demostrations point out how cruel we are to animals when infact it's not nearly as bad as they make it out to be.. they just take all the worse possible clips and exhaggerate it as much as they can, saying how it happens ALL the time.

They're biased.. and only show the extreme of one side.

Edit* Not to mention a lot of the clips they show a lot of times don't even have ANYTHING to do with humans being cruel to animals.. for example I remember seeing a video where a monkey had scars and looked terribly wounded and claimed it was from research, but the true story was the monkey had been rescued from an attack from another animal and was being help in captivity until it's health was restored.

A more local example was about ten or twelve years ago when the local Metro Parks were getting ready to cull the population of deer in the parks.

The whackos came out of the woodwork and demanded the parks relocate them. So we(I was a volunteer at Blacklick at the time) ended up tromping through the snow yelling our asses off to try to herd the deer into big pens. The end result being zero deer caught, two sprained ankles and a concussion from slipping on ice.

At Sharon Woods, OTOH hand, they had to euthanize two deer that broke their legs when they panicked, tried to leap the pens, and landed badly.

So they ended up culling the herd with rifles anyways. But it took so long that dozens of deer starved to death.

These idiots are walking around, screaming about killing deer, while the entire over-populated park was stripped of everything vaguely greenish to the level of 7 feet off the ground by starving deer, who then had to suffer through the slow process of starving to death.