Looked good on the wrecker.... ford pullin a chevy againnnn

oh, and bad grammar aside, this made me LOL

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

T-56?

+1, this is a perfect oppurtunity to make the car a 6-speed. I mean seriously, it'll be cheaper to buy and install a T56 then to buy a new car, so you might as well. And then you'll have a car that is even more fun than it was before

If the tranny had water in it, it should have been over full, it wasn't. So I am not sure about water causing the trans damage, sorry but I don't know much about flood cars. Engine only had water in it because of the puddle sucker intake in front of the tire sucked water in it, really don't think the whole car was under water but I wasn't there. So anyway I get the thing in the shop today and the tranny has absolutly no line pressure, pull the pan, full of shit (metal shavings, clutch material) "fuck", cloged filter, replace filter, reinstall tranny pan, fill with fluid, and guess what, car only has first and reverse, line pressure now pegging the 100psi gauge. We can argue about water causing this all you guys want, but it boils down to the fact that we will never really know for sure. I don't think it did, but I will say that when you beat on stuff it breaks. I will help Phil out as much as I can with the install work, to get his car working again.

If the tranny had water in it, it should have been over full, it wasn't. So I am not sure about water causing the trans damage, sorry but I don't know much about flood cars. Engine only had water in it because of the puddle sucker intake in front of the tire sucked water in it, really don't think the whole car was under water but I wasn't there. So anyway I get the thing in the shop today and the tranny has absolutly no line pressure, pull the pan, full of shit (metal shavings, clutch material) "fuck", cloged filter, replace filter, reinstall tranny pan, fill with fluid, and guess what, car only has first and reverse, line pressure now pegging the 100psi gauge. We can argue about water causing this all you guys want, but it boils down to the fact that we will never really know for sure. I don't think it did, but I will say that when you beat on stuff it breaks. I will help Phil out as much as I can with the install work, to get his car working again.

Didn't someone on here install his shift kit??

Guest Removed

it dont take much water in a trans to kill it! phil told me on the phone the fluid was pink ..not red. the water could have been trapped in the top of the trans close to the vent!

:gtfo: