My "SLOW WRX" vs igotapresent4u

thorne

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could the car go faster HELL YEAH IT COULD.

;) Launch Control was more diffcult to use then I had anticpated..

But it did not.

And BTW a gt30 will fair better in the quarter than mine with the right driver just as much power longer power band and shorter gears will make your subie cry.

Well since the patch is called Launch Control thats what I called it. It does appear to be just a 2 step. I want to try again at trails just because I can spin my tires. I tested it on the street this morning and it took off like a fucking rocket. I could not get out of the hole like that at kilkare damn sticky track.

Well since the patch is called Launch Control thats what I called it. It does appear to be just a 2 step. I want to try again at trails just because I can spin my tires. I tested it on the street this morning and it took off like a fucking rocket. I could not get out of the hole like that at kilkare damn sticky track.

So basically you push in the clutch, put it in 1st gear, and hold the gas down? Then let off the clutch and go?

Sounds like 2-step to me. Ok so whats the problem and y cant u get off the line its really very simple....fwd or awd, they're both easy to launch.

His clutch was slipping to much or something. I think with the sticky track not letting the tires spin was putting alot more stress on his clutch. When I drove it I tried to slip it the first time and it didnt go that good, 2nd time around I dumped it harder but still slipped it just enough so that the rpms wouldnt drop, at one point i had my foot off the clutch pedal and it wasnt coming all the way up to the top. So I think his clutch was not liking the track.

His clutch was slipping to much or something. I think with the sticky track not letting the tires spin was putting alot more stress on his clutch. When I drove it I tried to slip it the first time and it didnt go that good, 2nd time around I dumped it harder but still slipped it just enough so that the rpms wouldnt drop, at one point i had my foot off the clutch pedal and it wasnt coming all the way up to the top. So I think his clutch was not liking the track.

Yeah more then 2 passess with out cool down and the clutch hated life. Let it cool down perfect. This is why I'm retiring from drag racing, This cars tranny and various parts are setup to Rally/Road/Auto (Short Gears Ratios like a SOB). I spent allot of money on that tranny spefic including Cryo gears and shit It would be really stupid if i broke it At the drag races.

The clutch is VERY GRABBY when it is not hot. When it is hot it fails at life.

I do plan on still coming out to CR meets but I will only be there for fun. I might make a few in it to win it passes if the track is slick enough.