turbo or nitrous

88lx5oh

this winterim gonna be taking all the carb stuff of the car, and going fuel injection along with some other goodies.

so im stuck..

do i go heads with the b cam that i already have and a big shot of spray.. with a nice upper/lower intake setup and a tune

or

do i do a single turbo, but ill go with a gt40 upper/lower and stock heads with a tune, for now until the following winter and then buy heads

and of course ill e doing all necessary fuel upgrades and what not.

power goals.. around 400 rwhp

well are you going to be doin more street or track driving

if street go turbo

if track go nitrous .... is you like to do both then well go both like meeeee i mean ughh lol

the main question are you going to be gettin on it enough to justify to spend the money to put eathier mod on the car?

I'd go turbo either way. It just seems worth the additional money up front and will likely be easier on parts over time.

Also, the B-cam has a fair amount of overlap. I would probably swap it in favor of something with a little wider lobe separation if you go with a power adder, especially turbo. If you stay with FRPP cams, the F cam is decent, although I'm more of a Comp Cams fan. That being said, it's not that the B-cam won't work, just probably not as well as something with less overlap.

I fear no *properly set up* nitrous application... It's more about the false "savings" from going with nitrous over something else. Over time it can easily cost you the difference in fills and other timing/tuning gizmos that no one ever seems to factor in at the beginning.

It's easy to go "Hey, I can get 150HP for like $350"... then you spend $800 total getting it all rounded out and safe... then fill it every 15-ish passes at $40+.

So, to me, it's more like the high maintenance girl that didn't seem like she was going to be in the beginning and might also have an STD

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences"

:lol::lol::lol:

nawzzzhttp://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u328/NOSONE2008/nos.jpg btw they dont come with the bottle.

do em both, 500 hp ftw

Turbo setup...however having quite a bit first hand experience with turbo fobody's...keeping headgaskets in the cars and keeping them running cool seems to be the main issues.

+1, I'd go spray unless you REALLY want a turbo...

Turbo will cost a lot more but worth every penny... as twisted said b cam is not good for F/I stick with the stock cam and 1.7s or a custom grind.

Nitrous is great for occasional track bursts, but absolutely blows for playing around on the street (read not racing) and not as cheap as people make it out to be- as twisted also said it costs a lot to setup properly but still less than turbo or blower (also done properly) Good nitrous setup will run you about 1-2 grand, blower about 2.5- 3 grand, and turbo about 4-4.5 grand if you dont make your own.

If you are handy I say fab up your own jy setup and thats what I would do if I were to get another fox..

why not a centri blower with a mild h/c/i package which is what I did? a little cheaper but not as much power under the curve as the turbo setup but it will still own a small displacement wild NA package as far as driveability and overall performance

You are going to need a custom tune either way and some other supporting parts unless you go carb which again if track only do it- so much money is saved but resale suffers but your basically F'd either way you look at it once you start modifying it and start talking resale.

Also keep in mind the limits of the stock ford block, even forged, is 400 rwhp and 6000 rpm... so you can have a much more reliable setup by shifting early and making boost early rather than winding the piss out of a NA/nitorus setup as nitrous loves rpm too.

Turbo setup...however having quite a bit first hand experience with turbo fobody's...keeping headgaskets in the cars and keeping them running cool seems to be the main issues.

Not as much of an issue with a proper tune and keeping boost low- you don't need a lot in a lightweight fox and some good flowing parts.

I am not a v8 guys but it really takes this much effort to get a 302 into that much power? I figured it was way more simple.

o could do it N/a..but on the block thats in there im jsut gonna do a simple setup for now, and then build a motor on the side to throw in later.

this isnt a whats better to make 400rwhp thread.. its a what are your thoughts thread..

i know what it will take to make 400hp.. im jsut interested in everyones opinion.. i have had a few sprayed foxes and like nitrous alot, but im really considering the turbo route.

I am not a v8 guys but it really takes this much effort to get a 302 into that much power? I figured it was way more simple.

You could make a 302 make 400 to the wheels but it would have a cam that wouldn't idle below 1500-2000 rpm, with the accompanying buck and surge bs, hog out some big valve heads for no low end torque, have to put all sorts of expensive and short lived valvetrain components to reliably support 7000-8000 rpm not to mention that a stock block couldn't handle it combined with some expensive custom improved rod length to stroke ratio lightweight internals and expensive trick machining.

You would hate this car on the street but it would sound unreal and beat some @!$ on the dragstrip.

As dave said a big block would do it more easily and with better driveability.

F/I or nitrous is basically having your cake and eating it too without the hassles of an engine swap as you are artificially increasing the displacement.

As everyone has said before there is no replacement for displacement no matter how you achieve it. More air=more power if the fuel system can support it.

Lets see you get 400 to the wheels out of a 2 literish 4 banger without f/i and then drive it on the street. The S2000 is a 2.0 liter NA engine which is about as tweaked as you can get and be driveable with a factory engineered fuel injection system and tune ($$$$) and it gets around 204 to the wheels (half what you need) with no torque and accompanying relative bad mileage with stiff gearing to make up for it. Also this engine and pcm/efi technology was designed what 6-7 years ago and the 302 goes back to the 60s!

I don't know why anyone would want a hp goal anyways- without the proper suspension and tire width you aren't going anywhere faster anyhow. I would shoot for a quarter mile ET and if you want to be ambitious do it on street tires like the factory.

You could make a 302 make 400 to the wheels but it would have a cam that wouldn't idle below 1500-2000 rpm, with the accompanying buck and surge bs, hog out some big valve heads for no low end torque, have to put all sorts of expensive and short lived valvetrain components to reliably support 7000-8000 rpm not to mention that a stock block couldn't handle it combined with some expensive custom improved rod length to stroke ratio lightweight internals and expensive trick machining.

You would hate this car on the street but it would sound unreal and beat some @!$ on the dragstrip.

True Story. I have done this with a 302 powered fox street car and it was really neat for about a day. I lost intrest in the car completely after a while and sold it for stupid cheap.