Sti not spooling up?

byhi

Hey guys I need help and input asap! I'm freakin out. So last night I put on a tubular header and up pipe combo and turbo back exhaust on my 06 Sti. (It was a pain in the ass and many hours) So after it's finally done I drive it around and it sounds awsome and pulls a little harder but I need to get it tuned for it's full potential obviously.

So it's spooling up fine and then I come to a stop sign and when I go again the tturbo doesn't spool up. It just gets to 0 vacum and stops! Nothing came off, everything it hooked up. We checked everything! What the hell is going on!!!?

for it to make no boost at all you have to have completely blown off a pipe. But your car wouldnt idle if that was the case. Hope you didnt get a bolt or something stuck in the turbo.

boost leak tester is well a way to test boost leaks....

not true, i had a small leak in one of my hot side pipes and it had enough of a leak to boost NONE. also another time my intake manifold gastet had a fineeee hole in the gasket and it didnt boost jack just went to 0

just go to google type in boost leak tester and build on or buy one.... you have a turbo car and dont know what a boost tester is..... i hear theres a few civics for sale.... lol j.k

Its like the wastegate is stuck open or something. It happened to my buddies civic but then we fixed it.

My car idles super nice.

take off your w/.g and make sure the arm is free and moving and not binded up

heres a link to get an idea of a tester

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f25/glhss-second-gen-boost-leak-tester-how-parts-list-195139/

not true, i had a small leak in one of my hot side pipes and it had enough of a leak to boost NONE. also another time my intake manifold gastet had a fineeee hole in the gasket and it didnt boost jack just went to 0

thats cause you a a turbofold...<seinfeld>Whats the deal with that</seinfeld>

I've had a slice halfway through a coupler and still made almost full boost

I'm not very familiar with STIs, so where is the air meter in the intake system? If it were that big of an air leak and it's a pull-thru meter system then the car would run pig rich and fall on its face.

My guess would be wastegate it'd allow the turbo to spin just enough to make 0 but not any further. Happened on my Talon.

I'm not very familiar with STIs, so where is the air meter in the intake system? If it were that big of an air leak and it's a pull-thru meter system then the car would run pig rich and fall on its face.

My guess would be wastegate it'd allow the turbo to spin just enough to make 0 but not any further. Happened on my Talon.

YES

I would no go taking things apart if your not sure what your doing. The wastegate is internal. It would be very easy to take a pair of vicegrips and move the waste gate arm to see if its properly moves.

Are you feeling anything and just not seeing boost on your guage? After I did to WRX's uppipe downpipe and exhaust. I test drove them both. One was a guage install also. With my experience, the guage was faulty. Installed the vacuum pick up into a different line and magically I had full boost again.

Oh and I hope it didnt take you more then 2 hours to do the install. ;)

Oh and I hope it didnt take you more then 2 hours to do the install. ;)

If you have a lift and air tools, :gtfo:

I have done them on my back on the concrete with no power tools. Yes it took forever. Rusted bolts and only elbow grease slow it down quite a bit.