Pushing the limits of the 03 Cobra

DTM Brian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

turbo?

Kennebell 2.8

Stock Exhaust Manifolds and an Air Filter and Inlet rated for only 550 hp.

Look for Long Tubes, 2 pound lower pulley and JLT Cold Air rated for 800 rwhp in the next couple weeks.

I forgot to mention.

Kennebell Boost a spark is on the way. We are out of ignition system even with a .025" on the plugs.

Stock block? I've heard of a couple of horror stories recently of the crank snouts breaking off due to the stress on them with lower pulley combos. Ford made the lower pulley cage that way for a reason. I hear Metco, and LFP aare redesgning their lower pulley set ups just for this reason.

Another reason for me to go turbo.

I predict 700 on the combo your talking about here with the supporting mods.

Good luck!

I talked to him about the intake and manifolds being a restriction.

Kurt, I completely forgot about those lower issues you were telling me about. Have you seen anymore information about a redesign using a stock like cage?

Wow, thats impressive for sure, I wouldn't trust the stock block at those power levels for long with a P.D. blower though.

Hal, I havent heard anything yet on the new lower cage design, but if they come out with it in the next 5 months I might rethink my turbo plans.

I know of a couple Z06's that wouldn't even begin to shed a tear :)

Congrats on the nice numbers!

Jeff

had that e-fight and i won

jason and mark's z06s are race cars they better win otherwise you did something wrong.

but way to compare a 900+hp car to a 700 thats fair

jason and mark's z06s are race cars they better win otherwise you did something wrong.

Race cars? Hmmmmm. I guess you have a very different definition of a "Race Car" than I do.

Street tires, A/C, Leather seats, HID Headlamps, Air bags, Navigation, etc etc. Sounds like a race car to me lol.

Jason hasn't even trailered his to a track yet -- driven there, run 10s, driven home -- but thanks for playing. Just because they make more power on "Low" boost does not make them anything close to a "Race Car" :)

Jeff

Race cars? Hmmmmm. I guess you have a very different definition of a "Race Car" than I do.

Street tires, A/C, Leather seats, HID Headlamps, Air bags, Navigation, etc etc. Sounds like a race car to me lol.

Jason hasn't even trailered his to a track yet -- driven there, run 10s, driven home -- but thanks for playing. Just because they make more power on "Low" boost does not make them anything close to a "Race Car" :)

Jeff

10's and driven to the track? That's pretty impressive. You guys put out some smokin' Z06's. Sounds hot.