dyno tune 03 cobra

toms03cobra

without nitrous my frist time ever down a track.could not get a lick of grip and i was granny shiftin. dont forget that is the irs so you well see better time here in about two weeks when i have a solid rear end and when i get better at taking it down the track.

11.62@119 with 445 whp and only 395wtq. and at the track day oct 3rd i'll lay some 11.2-11.3's with just cooler air and some ice on the blower...

I only ask that question because it seems that you have a strange vendetta angainst Cobras. When I posted my first time down the track with mine you had to say that you went a couple of tenths faster with your car making less power. Granted, I was on radials carrying an extra 400-500 pounds, but that wasn't the point. I have always been a fan of Mach's and Cobra's, but you always have seemed to shit on the 03/04's. I realize a lot of them don't run to potential, but as Kirk mentioned before, people make the power but can't put it to the ground. It's too easy to make power with these cars, but most can't seem to drive them for shit. Just saying. By the way, I'd really like to see you hit those numbers. I'm serious when I say that.

hell no i'm game for 03-04 cobras I just wish they could represent a little better. the LSlove gets a little thick around here and I dont have the internals to lay out the big boys, however most the cobras do. I've never run down the 1/4 in a t-56 and I hear it can be a little tricky but for any cobra guys with a solid rear wanting launch/traction help I'm all up for a helping hand.

580whp gets a heavy fbody without the driver mod down in the 10.7-10.90 range.. why is it wrong for me to ask for 9 sec slips with a solid rear and all that power and in a better hooking platform>??

I love the rarity of my mach and its color it just needs thicker guts. I guess I have cobra gut envy

hell no i'm game for 03-04 cobras I just wish they could represent a little better. the LSlove gets a little thick around here and I dont have the internals to lay out the big boys, however most the cobras do. I've never run down the 1/4 in a t-56 and I hear it can be a little tricky but for any cobra guys with a solid rear wanting launch/traction help I'm all up for a helping hand.

580whp gets a heavy fbody without the driver mod down in the 10.7-10.90 range.. why is it wrong for me to ask for 9 sec slips with a solid rear and all that power and in a better hooking platform>??

I love the rarity of my mach and its color it just needs thicker guts. I guess I have cobra gut envy

The T-56 isn't the part that is bad. It is the stupid stock clutch quadrant setup. If you adjust the cable doing the old pull the pedal towards you while the car is off trick, then try and hit it hard, there is a small metal plate that the quadrant hits and releases the cable tension. This is what causes issues with hitting gears in them. I found a good write up on how to adjust the cable then "move" the metal plate out of the way. I've been power shifting the car down the track since.

I just thought you knew that Tom hadn't been to the track before and asking for a 9 sec slip from a track newb was a little much. He is going to need to either beef up the IRS or go solid to get to hook up as well as it should. Also, a good twin disk wouldn't hurt either. It just seemed like hitting a 9 sec pass was so easy the way you said it. The power is there, the suspension is not. That is all.

I just thought you knew that Tom hadn't been to the track before and asking for a 9 sec slip from a track newb was a little much. He is going to need to either beef up the IRS or go solid to get to hook up as well as it should. Also, a good twin disk wouldn't hurt either. It just seemed like hitting a 9 sec pass was so easy the way you said it. The power is there, the suspension is not. That is all.

I dont know Tom or his track exp. however he said he was going solid rear, which makes me think he'd be going to beefier suspension/tires anyway. that car has enough power that with a 1.6x 60' and the 135+mph its capable of trapping, a 9.999 pass wouldnt be outta my expectations as an owner of the car.

. If you adjust the cable doing the old pull the pedal towards you while the car is off trick, then try and hit it hard, there is a small metal plate that the quadrant hits and releases the cable tension. This is what causes issues with hitting gears in them. I found a good write up on how to adjust the cable then "move" the metal plate out of the way. .

i had this same issue, and tried that fix, but it did not work for some reason. i ended up getting a fiore quadrant and firewall adjuster, and they work perfectly.

just starting to research parts for my solid rear set-up