Fcuking Swirls

schmuckingham

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autopia_2012_242156

Your new best friend. Also, if you’re using swirl removers from local auto stores, just do yourself a favor and throw them in the trash. All junk. Learned that the hard way.

You shouldn't fear the Orbital.

you SHOULD fear the rotary.

Orbitals are nearly dummy proof to where you almost have to try to screw up the paint to really do it with one of them. Most people are suprised at how long it still takes to correct paint with an orbital once they finally use one.

You shouldn't fear the Orbital.

you SHOULD fear the rotary.

Orbitals are nearly dummy proof to where you almost have to try to screw up the paint to really do it with one of them. Most people are suprised at how long it still takes to correct paint with an orbital once they finally use one.

why fear the rotary and not the orbital?

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autopia_2012_242156

Your new best friend. Also, if you’re using swirl removers from local auto stores, just do yourself a favor and throw them in the trash. All junk. Learned that the hard way.

Were should i get my swirl remover from?

why fear the rotary and not the orbital?

Orbitals work strictly through mechanical action only and not through heat. 99% of the polishes on the market contain diminishing abrasives so the worst you can do with an orbital is overwork the polish and dry-buff the paint with your pad putting some marring back in the surface. Since the polish breaks down the longer you work it the less cut you have and instead of working with cut from a polish and foam pad you're left with just the foam pad.

Rotaries build heat on top of the mechanical action. Because of this they work MUCH quicker to correct paint but if you continue to work with a rotary the surface will get warmer and warmer which is where you run into issues with burning through paint, etc.

There's still a bit of a learning curve with an orbital but again, it's actually learning to get it to work effectively not necessarily learning how to not harm the paint with it.

Andy

Orbitals work strictly through mechanical action only and not through heat. 99% of the polishes on the market contain diminishing abrasives so the worst you can do with an orbital is overwork the polish and dry-buff the paint with your pad putting some marring back in the surface. Since the polish breaks down the longer you work it the less cut you have and instead of working with cut from a polish and foam pad you're left with just the foam pad.

Rotaries build heat on top of the mechanical action. Because of this they work MUCH quicker to correct paint but if you continue to work with a rotary the surface will get warmer and warmer which is where you run into issues with burning through paint, etc.

There's still a bit of a learning curve with an orbital but again, it's actually learning to get it to work effectively not necessarily learning how to not harm the paint with it.

Andy

Yea apparently i dont know as much as i thought about detailing