Home Child Care?

Drewhop

So the wife and I decided that we want to start childcare service out of our home. We understand the basics but want to make sure we are safe as well as successful.

Does anyone on here run a daycare out of there home. Any hints or tips or things we need to take into consideration before we start.

Currently we are doing some research and in process of changing the house around a lil bit to make it a little safer for a larger amount of kids.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Andy

you can only have 5 kids per ADULT in the house. you can write off a SHIT ton on taxes for this..... everything from cable tv, water, electric, your couch, tv pictures on the wall. ... EVERYTHING in your home.... your wifes car plus insurance... phone.... make sure you get a good accountant who knows all this. this is what my wife does. well she only has one kid but its enough..

My wife works at La Petite and unless it's different because it's at a business, it is 12 kids to 1 teacher...

We looked into maybe doing something like this a while back, the issue you will run into is insurance (AND YOU HAVE TO HAVE INSURANCE!!!) it's $$$$

Also, remember, a bunch of kids running through your house, you will get things broken unless you finish the basement or something and have them stay down there.

My wife works at La Petite and unless it's different because it's at a business, it is 12 kids to 1 teacher...

We looked into maybe doing something like this a while back, the issue you will run into is insurance (AND YOU HAVE TO HAVE INSURANCE!!!) it's $$$$

ur insurance is tax deductable..... if one person in your house works, and pays around 10k in taxs YOU WILL GET IT ALL BACK from the tax write off.... so its worth the little turds runing arounf imo..

My wife does this at home too. Just one child though. I'm not sure about the tax deductions though. We're not going to claim any of the money so I doubt I could deduct practically everything in the house.

thats all my wife is doing for now.... it called "starting" your bussiness. you need a good accountant or know how to do taxes..... you can only do a % of things unless its dedicated to "child care" only. if the kid is only there from 6-6 and its 7 days a week you can write off 50% .. or if its 6-6 m-f then you add the hours and divided and such. same with everything in a house....... i can get you a number of the guy who helps me out with this but TRUST me, he is SLOW and talks too much... but he's SMART<

You should look into ODJFS. If you want to make a decent amount of money, you should look into getting your home licensed. Action for Children helps with this.

The amount of children you can have depends on A) If you are licensed B) The age of the children you have C) The amount of adults you have there at all times.

If you are going to have younger children, you need to have different areas for them. I believe you need to have areas of the house that are just for them. You need to have cribs for children under 18 months or cots (maybe beds) for children over 18 months.

Look up the licensing rules and regulations for Type A and Type B homes. ODJFS and Action for Children are great sources for helping to get your started.

Good luck!