Challenger Drag Pack

Scotty2Hotty

I like the idea, but street legal is a must. At least 49 state street legal, fuck cali laws. They need to make the sti version, no radio, lighter wheels, lighter everything, lose all gadgets and options to race mode; big motor/ fat tires/ no mess styling/ and loud.

Mopar dropped approximately 1,000 lbs. off the production Challenger SRT8 by eliminating major production components and systems. To accentuate the weight savings, they also feature added composite, polycarbonate and lightweight components designed for drag racing that will be part of the new Package Car program.

The body sealer, sound deadener and undercoat will be eliminated. To reduce vehicle weight, major production component and systems will also be eliminated including: windshield wiper assembly, complete HVAC system, all airbag components, rear seats, power steering system, exhaust system and underbody heat shields, cross-car and side impact door beams, rear bumper beam and rear deck lid spoiler.

To accentuate weight savings, there are unique drag-race components in the Package Car program including: composite lift-off hood with functional scoop, Viper-style front seats, polycarbonate door windows, lightweight cooling module with electric fan, manual rack and pinion steering, special cable-operated deck lid release, special lightweight front brake assembly and special cable-operated throttle linkage and pedal assembly.

I do not think there is a radio or many gadgets left and the list of lightweight items is pretty extensive.

the only actual factory mopar racercars were 68 Cudas and 68 Darts. both were equipped with race hemis, lightweight windows, fiberglass hoods and fenders among other things. production was around 100 for each model, they were also not street legal very similar to this package offered. :cool:

there were models offered with certain options to mimic this, but all were dot legal and not legit racecars

i know for a fact that they had in 64 and 65 that they had hemi drag cars from the factory because my buddys uncle has a 65 Plymouth Belvedere also has a 67 factory drag Belvedere among others.

here is his 67 witch is a serial number hemi drag car from 1967

67 car

and this is his 68 dart

dart

and his youtube video

i know for a fact that they had in 64 and 65 that they had hemi drag cars from the factory because my buddys uncle has a 65 Plymouth Belvedere also has a 67 factory drag Belvedere among others.

here is his 67 witch is a serial number hemi drag car from 1967

67 car

and this is his 68 dart

dart

and his youtube video

comprehension much? i stated there were cars offered with options to mimic this package. for example, in 65 there were coronets that had an A990 package, lightweight seats, windows, hemi etc...... these cars had serial numbers and were legal for public highway use. the 68 superstock cars were not dot legal and were bodies in white making them strictly drag cars aka factory racecars like this challenger.