Family

1qwk767

Well about 2 1.2 weeks ago my grandma died well on the 14th, long story short the reading of her will was on Tuesday morning, well here is why this is in the kitchen.

1. My crazy hillbilly/redneck family (moms side) drove up here from Jackson Ohio.

2. Moms normal side of the family that lives here in Columbus showed up.

everything went smooth in the morning till the will was read........

my mom is the 2nd oldest of the family well her and my aunt Becky ended up with almost everything my grandma owned, most of my aunts and uncles are irresponsible assholes who can't take care of a piece of paper for more than 30seconds before it has shit spilled on it, its torn, or balled up.

basically my relatives have turned on my mom and aunt Becky for the time being, I'm afraid to leave my house for more than 10min because of my crazy ass family. IM sure it will blow over and be done with by the weekend.

and if there is gramatical errors eat dick... IM so pissed off right now I dont care what you have to say about my grammar.

any ideas on what to do or just let things blow over

Ya, family squabbles are the worst. Almost everybody's got "that" side of their family. Funny thing is a lot of the time, they don't understand why their "that" side of the family. At least, thats how the morons are on my Moms side. I love em, but god damn (not saying your family's morons).

ugh, the things people forsake for money disgust me

my grandmother did not have any money, the money that she had went towards her funeral and my family had to come up with another 1,000 bucks for her service and everything.

basically everything that was left was family portraits, family heirlooms i.e some of my grandfathers navy uniforms, and other stuff but nothing of money value.

just seems when we found out my grandmother was very very sick my moms family started drifting apart, I just feel like all I have is my mom and dad, a few close friends and my g/f. Life just sucks ya know, I'M just sick of family issues, maybe I just need to look on the brighter side of life that I have people who care about me and my good health.

just seems when we found out my grandmother was very very sick my moms family started drifting apart, I just feel like all I have is my mom and dad, a few close friends and my g/f. Life just sucks ya know, I'M just sick of family issues, maybe I just need to look on the brighter side of life that I have people who care about me and my good health.

I know the feeling trust me in 06 I lost my father and my Grandmother(his mother)after that year that side of the family was just torn apart. Its amazing the people who watch you grow up and tell you they love you will try to sell your ass out for some freaking money. At my fathers funeral I watched the vultures position themselves around my grandmother just looking for any angle to get in that womens will it makes me sick.

my grandmother did not have any money, the money that she had went towards her funeral and my family had to come up with another 1,000 bucks for her service and everything.

basically everything that was left was family portraits, family heirlooms i.e some of my grandfathers navy uniforms, and other stuff but nothing of money value.

i guess its somehow better that this dispute is less about money, more about sentimental things but still....they're just things.

i miss the days when extended family was just as important as the nuclear family

Yeah im not neccessarily looking forward to this. When my mom passes (hopefully not anytime soon) shes got 5 kids. Though I like to think we're better than that.

It sucks but the only real solution is to realize your the more mature one and take the higher road. Yeah make them think they "won" but oh well. If they're human and have a conscience maybe they'll realize it was all for nothing?