Andromeda Galaxy

Tractor

Here's another example of what the Canon 70-300mm lens can do. Thats 1 hour worth of frames stacked. The fullsize image is much less noisy and it would probably make a nice 8x10, but I'm gonna shoot it again probably next month when its higher in the sky.

That galaxy is fucking huge and I can only fit about 1/3 of it in my telescope at a time so I can't use it for the shot.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/M3108_30websize.jpg

Evan

That shot was taken with a camera lens. I only have a cheapy 75-300mm one. I wish I had one of those canon 400mm L lenses for that shot.

The only part my telescope played in that image was using the mount to track it.

Evan

I hope we're on the far side of our own galaxy when it happens. Can you imagine how cool that would look to see that galaxy basically filling about half our sky or so. I wonder what the gravitational effect would be. Our heads will probably explode:-)

Evan

needless to say, all of the subsystems of each galaxy would be disrupted. Many of the systems on the fringe would pass right by each other. It would be like running through your ghost car in GT4.... until you got to the cores of each galaxy. Those would "splash" together and screw everything all up. they will pass by each other a few times until their mass finally draws the two together into one.

I'd love to see what happens when the supermassive black holes at the cores of each galaxy collide and become one.

Billions of years from now, our galaxy is supposed to collide with Andromeda. :eek:

WHAT!

this is big, call the presses, oh my this is worse then global warming, forget global warming the freaking galaxies are going to collide!

this should be the new hysteria for the environmentalists, the freaking galaxies are colliding, we need to fix it now!