Audi peeps

carl1647545492

Looking for information on built Audis,RS4,sS4,s saw the usual forum stuff but mabey someone knows of tuners locally or a local knowledge base.

I did find this http://www.goapr.com/

Care to go into a bit more detail ?

What specifically are you looking for? A shop that we can recommend to modify an existing car ? A built car already for sale ?

I,m planning my next car buy and want to see if what kind of hp a 4cyl or 6cyl Audi can make for a daily driver.

Do you know of any shops locally?

the question is which engine are you thinking of using? the a4s have a vast variety of engines, what year a4/s4/rs4 you looking at.

They range from 1.8ts, to 2.7TTs. to V8s

the question is which engine are you thinking of using? the a4s have a vast variety of engines, what year a4/s4/rs4 you looking at.

They range from 1.8ts, to 2.7TTs. to V8s

My preference is for usable power,so the 6cyl would be a obvious choice over a highly strung 4.

I,m planning my next car buy and want to see if what kind of hp a 4cyl or 6cyl Audi can make for a daily driver.

Do you know of any shops locally?

http://www.motorkars.com/

Is the only place locally I would recommend for work on these things. Great rep with 30+ of experience. And, you might see a karman gia or two while you are there.

The sky is the limit on the 2.7T, all it takes is cash, and a commitment to maintenance/repairs. A chip will net you 300-320sh. Add full exhaust/piggies and get 350+, after that you are talking meth/water/ or turbo upgrades.

The new 2.0T is crazy economical, and responds very well to mods, but for the meantime does not have the super high hp potential of the 2.7T. I have one of these in a 6 speed and it is TONS of fun to drive. test pipe & chip = 222awhp & 292awtq. I average 28-30mpg and On highway trips 33mpg+ with the cruise @ 70.

Feel free to PM for any additional questions. Also do some reading on:

http://www.audiworld.com

http://www.audizine.com

http://www.fourtitude.com

My preference is for usable power,so the 6cyl would be a obvious choice over a highly strung 4.

then you will be looking at the B5 platform (my personal favorite)

the 2.7TT is great, if you want a reliable daily chip it and do downpipes and run low 13s all day.

If you want more, there are plenty of turbo upgrades available. 500whp is attainable.

Don't Forget Auto Assets right there in Powell. They're a GIAC dealer and have done several high HP Audi builds in the last few years. Heck the owner's personal '97 A4 has been an experimental base for them for nearly 10 years now. Currently it's a built 2.0L with a GT28 that's reliable to be driven on the street and tracked without concern.

and it so tight it makes yours look like a 4x4 :p

Heck the owner's personal '97 A4 has been an experimental base for them for nearly 10 years now. Currently it's a built 2.0L with a GT28 that's reliable to be driven on the street and tracked without concern.

Don't Forget Auto Assets right there in Powell. They're a GIAC dealer and have done several high HP Audi builds in the last few years. Heck the owner's personal '97 A4 has been an experimental base for them for nearly 10 years now. Currently it's a built 2.0L with a GT28 that's reliable to be driven on the street and tracked without concern.

http://autoassets.com/catalog/images/DSCN1743.JPG

I hate the headlights

IIRC, Chip has been trying to sell that on and off for a couple years now.

He's pretty attached to it, and alot of money has gone into it over the years...so I'm not sure that him advertising it is quite the same as "trying" to sell it.

Sorry, didn't mean to insult your "buddy". :p

When I was shopping there several times, I saw it for sale on their list of cars on and off. Of course it could have been the other A4 that color with the 2.0L and gt28.

;)

He moves a fair share of cars....and like any sales rep....anything is for sale if the price is right ;)

Sorry, didn't mean to insult your "buddy". :p

When I was shopping there several times, I saw it for sale on their list of cars on and off. Of course it could have been the other A4 that color with the 2.0L and gt28.

;)

I have owned my A4 1.8tqm for almost 2 years and it now has 146k. Runs great and handles amazing for a 4 door. Right now its putting down 210awhp/255awtq which is okay for daily driver. I'm getting ready to sell it once I get to Arizona next week for a 2002 S4 bi-turbo 6 speed. I recommend doing a 2.7tt if you want to make a lot of power for the money.

My personal favorite Audi is an S2 which they only made in Europe from 89-96 I think. Same motor as the old S4 and S6 which was the 5 cyl turbo.

I have owned my A4 1.8tqm for almost 2 years and it now has 146k. Runs great and handles amazing for a 4 door. Right now its putting down 210awhp/255awtq which is okay for daily driver. I'm getting ready to sell it once I get to Arizona next week for a 2002 S4 bi-turbo 6 speed. I recommend doing a 2.7tt if you want to make a lot of power for the money.

My personal favorite Audi is an S2 which they only made in Europe from 89-96 I think. Same motor as the old S4 and S6 which was the 5 cyl turbo.

Old School 20V FTMFW