Call centers are cesspools!!!

V8 Beast

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still doubt it. Lets look at this realistically: You are talking about comparing a person whos neither has the knowledge or the qualifications to contribute anything to society, who makes a salary that rivals that of engineers, architects, tradesman, small business owners, anyone in the healthcare industry... the list is long for people in that pay grade.

Not to bad mouth anyones "profession", but I guess the economy crash will weed out some of the bullshit jobs around town.

• Confused 1

My brother in law works there

Yea, my mom worked at OSC, or OCSC ( whatever ), for 15-20 years. She "got out" a couple years ago, and is waaaaaay better off because of it. There are some real horror stories from that place, it really went down the tubes in the past 5 or 6 years when a lot of the decent management left.

My mom might know him if he was there a few years ago....

I still doubt it. Lets look at this realistically: You are talking about comparing a person whos neither has the knowledge or the qualifications to contribute anything to society, who makes a salary that rivals that of engineers, architects, tradesman, small business owners, anyone in the healthcare industry... the list is long for people in that pay grade.

Not to bad mouth anyones "profession", but I guess the economy crash will weed out some of the bullshit jobs around town.

Brian, he is talking shit about you...

You should get out more. You do realize that when you have issues someone has to relay that information to techs? You also realize that we start people off at 30k a year to answer phones and thats not even the top paying call center in Columbus. When you have millions of customers and you pride yourself on good relations you make sure your employees are happy. The next time you want to call a "profession" worthless think about every time you have to call someone else for help. Now take away the 20,000 people that can help you with your stupid question and filter it through your 300 techs that are better then them because they went to college and drank their way into a degree. Now you are on hold for 6 days waiting for help.. Or even better call one of these call centers that pay their employees $6 dollars and hour and pray you get someone that speaks english.

Yea, my mom worked at OSC, or OCSC ( whatever ), for 15-20 years. She "got out" a couple years ago, and is waaaaaay better off because of it. There are some real horror stories from that place, it really went down the tubes in the past 5 or 6 years when a lot of the decent management left.

My mom might know him if he was there a few years ago....

He has worked there for 3 years maybe? He is the only person on his team without a PhD. I've basically heard it just depends on what contract you work on

You worthless fuck, you do know that he's not a telemarketer, right? It seems obvious you have no fucking clue what his job involves, or what the market for those jobs is, or much of anything in general, for that matter.

Frankly, I think you might just be the least pleasant person on this board, INCLUDING Hal. Fuck off and rot, you bad-mouthing little retard.

You worthless fuck, you do know that he's not a telemarketer, right? It seems obvious you have no fucking clue what his job involves, or what the market for those jobs is, or much of anything in general, for that matter.

Frankly, I think you might just be the least pleasant person on this board, INCLUDING Hal. Fuck off and rot, you bad-mouthing little retard.

Are we having a bad day?

:eek:

KillJoy

Amen

I constantly have to stop myself from making fun of this twat.

Are we having a bad day?

:eek:

KillJoy

Nope, actually I'm in a pretty good mood. I'm just sick of reading the bad-mouthing, ignorant, piss-ant bullshit from this faggot. He didn't need to post in the thread, he didn't have any inside information that would justify him calling BS on someone else's salary and occupation. He didn't have anything constructive to say at all. The better part of a quarter of his posts are exactly the same kind of crap.

Looking at his rep bar, I'd say there's more than a couple people that agree with me.

Lol, there's no way in hell someone works in a call center and makes over 60K a year... I mean seriously, people with MBAs usually don't make that much.

My dad was a call center manager at Progressive home office. He was making 6 figures before he got laid off...pretty much for making too much money. That was with only a high school diploma too.