Call centers are cesspools!!!

V8 Beast

Lol, there's no way in hell someone works in a call center and makes over 60K a year... I mean seriously, people with MBAs usually don't make that much.

well actually I work at Ashland and know a ton of people making that or more that have only been there a few yrs. They have business or accounting degrees none the less but still thats pretty damn good :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still doubt it. Lets look at this realistically: You are talking about comparing a person whos neither has the knowledge or the qualifications to contribute anything to society, who makes a salary that rivals that of engineers, architects, tradesman, small business owners, anyone in the healthcare industry... the list is long for people in that pay grade.

Not to bad mouth anyones "profession", but I guess the economy crash will weed out some of the bullshit jobs around town.

you shouldn't comment on anything you have understanding about really it makes you look well... like a fucking idiot.

You worthless fuck, you do know that he's not a telemarketer, right? It seems obvious you have no fucking clue what his job involves, or what the market for those jobs is, or much of anything in general, for that matter.

Frankly, I think you might just be the least pleasant person on this board, INCLUDING Hal. Fuck off and rot, you bad-mouthing little retard.

I don't really care what his job involves, I was merely stating my opinion on the matter and calling people's bluff on these bullshit salaries you hear people throw out. The market for these jobs is about to crash, so I don't really give a fuck, I guess if I "didn't know much of anything in general" I'd just be a tool on this board and agree with everyone, much like you.

I wouldn't say I'm a worthless fuck, a worthless fuck would be someone who sit behind a desk all day with a headset on attempting to waste peoples time in however manner they seem fit. One step up from a moron taking orders at taco bell.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't really care what his job involves, I was merely stating my opinion on the matter and calling people's bluff on these bullshit salaries you hear people throw out. The market for these jobs is about to crash, so I don't really give a fuck, I guess if I "didn't know much of anything in general" I'd just be a tool on this board and agree with everyone, much like you.

I wouldn't say I'm a worthless fuck, a worthless fuck would be someone who sit behind a desk all day with a headset on attempting to waste peoples time in however manner they seem fit. One step up from a moron taking orders at taco bell.

Ok, I'll bite so where are you getting your info about the market for said jobs is about to crash? Please tell me you have valid research showing this not some bullshit of how you heard it from a friend that "knows somebody".

You remind me of that guy on the small bus that no matter how many times he tries it is always curious as to what the window tastes like.

BAAAHAHAAA. Since when the fuck do I agree with everyone? Fuck me, when the hell do I agree with half the people on this forum? For goddam certain, I don't agree with you.

And by the way, you ARE just a tool on this board.

I would say you're a worthless fuck. Hell, I already did. You contribute nothing to the forum, bad-mouth the people who do, and generally make an ass of yourself. Do us all a favor and fall on some rebar, you worthless fuck.

and in a couple weeks my office is moving to easton, so i wanted to see if anyone meets up for happy hour after work?

There are some places over here that have good deals. Where will you be at? Over in Easton itself there are eevn a couple of places that have discounts for Easton area employees

As for the topic of this I would KILL for a technology call center job. I am stuck in a total dead end deal right now that is slowly killling me soul.

Ok, I actually have time to reply now.. What are my job requirements? Do I even wear a headset? Do techs work in call centers? Is it possible to get a college degrees in communications? What type of call center do I work in? What kind of money does my company gross? Did we just expand rather than shrink due to the economy, like you seem to believe????

So this is why you are ignorant.. You say the market for jobs like mine is about to crash, yet my company is in the middle of expanding. As a matter of fact they are in the middle of increasing the salary of all the workers to match the continuous profits made for the last 20 years. Another reason why you are ignorant is that there are far more than just customer service reps in call centers. Call centers house everything from technicians to janitors. HR reps that graduated with degrees in human resources to computer programmers that keep your everyday services (you take for granted) up and running.

In short, you have no clue what you are talking about.

P.S. What do you do for a living???

Ok, I actually have time to reply now.. What are my job requirements? Do I even wear a headset? Do techs work in call centers? Is it possible to get a college degrees in communications? What type of call center do I work in? What kind of money does my company gross? Did we just expand rather than shrink due to the economy, like you seem to believe????

So this is why you are ignorant.. You say the market for jobs like mine is about to crash, yet my company is in the middle of expanding. As a matter of fact they are in the middle of increasing the salary of all the workers to match the continuous profits made for the last 20 years. Another reason why you are ignorant is that there are far more than just customer service reps in call centers. Call centers house everything from technicians to janitors. HR reps that graduated with degrees in human resources to computer programmers that keep your everyday services (you take for granted) up and running.

In short, you have no clue what you are talking about.

P.S. What do you do for a living???

by his profile he works construction of some kind. (not that there is anything wrong with that).

by his profile he works construction of some kind. (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Nope, nothing wrong with that at all.

Here's my thought process... Customer service reps fix things for a living.. he fixes things for a living. They use their mouths and a keyboard, he uses his hands and machinary. He's just a customer service rep with a toolbelt :D

There are some places over here that have good deals. Where will you be at? Over in Easton itself there are eevn a couple of places that have discounts for Easton area employees

As for the topic of this I would KILL for a technology call center job. I am stuck in a total dead end deal right now that is slowly killling me soul.

yep, easton oval, next to the MI Homes building.. i heard we get 50% at some places but other dont recognize it.. so i dunno

hmm is there a call center for a guy with a masters in molecular genetics and a penchant for anything involving metal (welding/automotive/mechanical)????

On topic- are you taking a daily multivitamin? Are the hours such that you are not getting regular sleep or diet?

I wonder if they are not changing the filters in your AC and you have a mold issue .... I would check it out! Get familiar with the maintenance crew your life coulde depend on it.

life is too short to waste. Check out the steve job commencement address- I love that thing.

BTW diana how did you get so much positive rep? Are you really that cool?

My sister works at easton at abbot/ross- shes pretty cool and has a sweet car as well y'all should hang out.

yep, easton oval, next to the MI Homes building.. i heard we get 50% at some places but other dont recognize it.. so i dunno

Ok that is right over by my building (McGraw Hill). I know that Mcormick's gives us 50% until 4pm if you are into sea food. There are other places in there that have very nice happy hours.

There is also a place up on hamilton that has bike night on tuesdays.

Let me know I am always down for beer and fun.

I am no doc but most of your issues seem to be respiratory related, your building isn't old is it? Flu is the most commonly misdiagnosed condition in the world... basically if they have no idea wtf is wrong you have the flu. Most of my friends from HS/college are docs and they are just normal people like everyone else trying to get a paycheck and live- Some have developed ego issues but I set them right whenever I can.

Nope, nothing wrong with that at all.

Here's my thought process... Customer service reps fix things for a living.. he fixes things for a living. They use their mouths and a keyboard, he uses his hands and machinary. He's just a customer service rep with a toolbelt :D

NO I think its much simpler than that. Here's my take he makes probably about the same but has and had to work his ass off to get to that point and here is some asshole setting in a nice comfy office "takeing phone calls" making the same or more as him.

NO I think its much simpler than that. Here's my take he makes probably about the same but has and had to work his ass off to get to that point and here is some asshole setting in a nice comfy office "takeing phone calls" making the same or more as him.

Best statement in this thread.

Sweettooth has a complex because he has not been smart enough to find a way to make money without breaking his back.

My best guess

Best statement in this thread.

Sweettooth has a complex because he has not been smart enough to find a way to make money without breaking his back.

My best guess

Try running your cocksucker to someone else, I don't even have time to fuck with you.

BC, my comments were out of line. I guess my frustration started when I read about you getting sick, ect., from working in a call center all day. It's a lot better than taking a beating in the blistering heat/freezing cold everyday.

But hell, I don't even do that shit anymore so what do I know. I'm a fucking Engineer. So all these sidelined fucktards in this thread can suck my mother fucking cock. Try calling someone else ignorant, stupid, or whatever else you can throw out because that shit doesn't phase me. I bet most of you fat, whiney little bitches couldn't last 5 minutes on my job without having your ass canned.

BC, my comments were out of line. I guess my frustration started when I read about you getting sick, ect., from working in a call center all day. It's a lot better than taking a beating in the blistering heat/freezing cold everyday.

It's cool. You know whats funny about this statement? Before I went to the doctor I said to my wife, "why am I always so sick, it's not like I do anything!" To be honest if I worked out in the sun or snow I would probably be healthier. I'm bringing an air filter and a vacuum to work with me on sunday.