LS1 Heads

starkmaster03

I decided to replace my lifters because they are making noise, badly. Well I started working on it today and realized that I'm going to have to pull the heads to do the lifters, unlike most you can't go through the intake. Well I didn't realize this until today. So I'm stuck in the dilema on what to do with the heads when I pull them or considering buying new ones. I have plans to build a completely new motor next year for the T/A but this motor will go into another project. So from those with experience, is it even work doing anything to the stock heads? If I do replace them, any recommendations? This motor will be a cam only motor, no N2O or boost in it's future.

I decided to replace my lifters because they are making noise, badly. Well I started working on it today and realized that I'm going to have to pull the heads to do the lifters, unlike most you can't go through the intake. Well I didn't realize this until today. So I'm stuck in the dilema on what to do with the heads when I pull them or considering buying new ones. I have plans to build a completely new motor next year for the T/A but this motor will go into another project. So from those with experience, is it even work doing anything to the stock heads? If I do replace them, any recommendations? This motor will be a cam only motor, no N2O or boost in it's future.

hmm when are you goi nto a new motor? cause

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55181

sellign heads but little pricy not sure how much heads go for ls1s but yea if yoiu arent gonan run this motor all next year i woudlnt bother goin new heads seein as itll sit all winter and you will onyl get to enjoy those heads for the next month and a half...

hmm when are you goi nto a new motor? cause

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55181

sellign heads but little pricy not sure how much heads go for ls1s but yea if yoiu arent gonan run this motor all next year i woudlnt bother goin new heads seein as itll sit all winter and you will onyl get to enjoy those heads for the next month and a half...

I'll be building the motor next year probably for over the winter, so I'll be using this one for the most part next year.