nitrous/carb guys

88lx5oh

ok i have wired up and plummed a few EFI kits, but nevera carb kit.

where do i T into the fuel line?? after the regulator, before, what??

i already have a T off on it after the regulator for my fuel pressure gauge.

also a few other questions

on my other mustangs i ran with the timing advnaced a little, and stock plugs.. ran up to a 175 shot on it, i want to be a bit more careful this time, since i dont know about the motor thats in it. it may be stock but it may not.

what should i set the timing at, and should i get colder plugs if so what is my best plug to use??

ill be running sunoco 94 or cam 2

and spraying a 150 shot

also anyone have a wiring diagram for a wet kit.. im to lazy to look it up. and the harness i got is way to clobbed together to work out and use.. ill just make my own and use the relay and fuses that came with.

and i have a MSD digital window switch that i have no idea how to hook up.

and one more thing... i have a nitrous gauge, best place to tap it in?? close to the bottle or can i have it up near the solenoid? i have always had one on the bottle.. this one is a remote gauge, sport comp.

i think just one more question.. for my purge, can i just use brass fittings and copper line for it. the last purge i got came in a kit... i just have the solenoid for the one i got from this guy off the board

DAMN thats alot of questions

where do i T into the fuel line?? after the regulator, before, what??

Not sure what you are refering to, if you mean for the fuel solenoid I would go after the reg. find an online calculator for jetting based on fuel pressure, and calculate a starting point.

i already have a T off on it after the regulator for my fuel pressure gauge.

also a few other questions

on my other mustangs i ran with the timing advnaced a little, and stock plugs.. ran up to a 175 shot on it, i want to be a bit more careful this time, since i dont know about the motor thats in it. it may be stock but it may not.

what should i set the timing at, and should i get colder plugs if so what is my best plug to use??

Stay on the safe side and go 1 step colder on the plugs, maybe one of these mustang guys would know timing better, I like error on the safe side and would retard timing a little bit.

ill be running sunoco 94 or cam 2

and spraying a 150 shot

also anyone have a wiring diagram for a wet kit.. im to lazy to look it up. and the harness i got is way to clobbed together to work out and use.. ill just make my own and use the relay and fuses that came with.

The wiring in this kit should get you started. I used the yellow wire from the window switch to ground the solenoid relay.

http://store.summitracing.com/instructions.asp?File=nos%2D199r10361%2Epdf

and i have a MSD digital window switch that i have no idea how to hook up.

http://store.summitracing.com/instructions.asp?File=msd%2D8969%5Finstructions%2Epdf

and one more thing... i have a nitrous gauge, best place to tap it in?? close to the bottle or can i have it up near the solenoid? i have always had one on the bottle.. this one is a remote gauge, sport comp.

Actual pressure at teh solenoid would be theretically better for tuning, but shouldn't really make a difference, I'd mount it on the bottle.

i think just one more question.. for my purge, can i just use brass fittings and copper line for it. the last purge i got came in a kit... i just have the solenoid for the one i got from this guy off the board

Good idea to use the fitting with a screen for the inlet, but otherwise yes

DAMN thats alot of questions

Hope this helps.

im leaning against not using the window switch.. for the fact that ill blow the tires off if i launch on spray. unless there is a way for me to still use the window switch and it come on after i get in to second. is that possible??

and rob.. just looking online.. and reading a NX instruction manual. it is saying something about a 2nd regulator seperate from the regulator for the carb. a regulator to control the fuel solenoid, is this something i have to do?? i have no clue.. ths is why carbed cars piss me off. and probably another reason i should have just bought a carb kit... instead of converting an EFI one.

so far i have a NOS bottle, NX ICEMAN solenoids, and a NOS cheater plate.

i have my gauge, and switches mounted in the car, main line ran, and now im at a stand still till my bottle brackets and plate get here.

i also ordered a stainless steel fuel feed kit for the carb.

i can start wiring up my electrical, and probably mount my solenoids. i have some nitrous line, but i dont know if they are the right size or length yet. till i get my plate.

Rob you just need to come up here and look this thing over one night and tell me what i need to get.