1 peice suit. thoughts of this one?

4DAIVI PAI2K5

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=3135

notice to the right free shipping and free scorpion ex 400 helmet... im really thinking about this as i have a 2 peice suit of a mismatched pant and jacket. and plan ondoing more track days this year. and as some of u know we have some devil roads here in coshocton. just wondered what others thought of the suit???

they have a few other colors also but i think this one will be the color i want

They crash well and are affordable but, I dont like the armor in the inside and the lining moves around. Having said that this suit seemes to have held up better than my Alpinestars $1400 suit in lowside crashes. RS-Taichi ftw or lizards shift suit is real nice too

Not to take away sales from STG, but I have a great SHIFT SR-1 suit. check the classifieds. It's a better choice and will fit more like it should. Plus, it is on par with AStar as the designer who did the AStar suits for the past 5 years is the one who designed the SHIFT suit...

ok, i've tested this suit quite hard. I personally think there isn't enough armor compared to the safety i feel in my Komodo set. However, I crashed at grattan coming out of 10b at over 115mph and tumbled into the wall. Suit held up fantastically with just some abrasions and smell of burning hide. only injury was a broken heel from the impact. for the price this is an amazing suit and i would use it for street riding and trackdays. however for race conditions i would want a suit with more armor.

u can see the suit in my avatar...

• 2 weeks later...
I doubt I'll keep it off the pavment throughout the year so we will see some first hand results from a crash (or 5)

haha come on alex ur fast as hell. and im sure ull keep urself off the pavement!

Not fast enough! I have a feeling learning aggressive trail braking is going to put me on my face this year!

I'd like to be middle of advanced with street tires, then I'll go towards race tires and warmers.

• 2 weeks later...
Impressive you can tell so much from a sentence description and a picture. Keep drinking that hateraide.

Uh, you can see the leather condition and seams from the BIG pictures he posted. Under your theory that you apparently need to physically see the item to comment, how can you support it is a good crash suit from the fact that you haven't physically seen the suit in question.

No hateraide here, but keep drinking the illinformedaide...

This is getting boarderline stupid. Why not quit while ahead? I'm more inclined to keep putting you down as opposed to the suit. The suit is sub $500 and the quality is what it is. You want to sacrifice safety for cost? Cool. I've constantly stated that. However, arguing with someone like yourself is classic and always makes my day. Keep 'em coming...

Lizard, you're a close minded fool that thinks quality is always representative of price. You have never seen one of these suits in person yet you bash them on many forums with no factual basis. Odd how basically everyone on the WERA forum told you to get lost because you were talking out your ass. If you've seen one of these in person, seen what happens in crashes then you can speak with some degree of confidence. You ripping on a suit from a picture, where the most you can tell is the seams did not bust, and there is discoloration. That discoloration could be abrasion, it could be dirt and asphalt, and even if it is abrasion, you must have an amazing eye to tell how much abrasion the leather has received. Get off your high horse, you are not the all knowing god to motorcycle gear you think you are. Time will tell how good the suits are. You ripping on them with no real world evidence only reveals your ignorance. Later dude.

Isn't true that all suits fail at some point it all just depends on the circumstances of the crash. I've seen cases where some really expensive suits fail in the seems and left the rider pretty beat up but nothing that he couldn't heal up fairly quickly from. The point is they protected the rider to a certain extent.

I'm no expert but I think price reflects materials i.e. thickness of leather and the amount of padding. I've watched a lot of SPTG.com reviews on alot of suits and Van is always pulling out the padding and showing how thick it is and how well placed they are.

I know both of you guys maybe not lizard as well as I know Alex but I'd say both of you guys are pretty smart guys and know your shit. I think its best that you guys just agree to disagree.

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly didn't read most of the back and forth on here. Someone recommended me this site for suits:

www.tiltcustoms.com

I have Astars myself but if I wasn't already fully geared I might have gone with that guy. There are some reviews floating around the internet if anyone's interested.

Very similar design and features as the Spartan and when you total up the costs, they are almost identical. Designs are VERY similar if not in some cases the same...

I would probably wager a large sum of money they are the same factory pumping these out as Spartan. Goes to show that these aren't as direct as some people claim they are...

Hmmmmmm...