Looking for a DD

Big A

I have been kicking around the idea of getting a new daily driver. I would save enough money in gas to help pay for it. Now my question is if you could spend $3000-5000 for a new daily driver what would you look at or get? Must get over 25 MPG and be reliable.

Where did you get this ? and do they have any more ?

I was not even in the market for a new winter car till I was coming home on industrial park way from dublin and seen it in a farmers yard, and in big yellow letters it said 1200 and runs, so I stopped and the old man told me some guy wanted it and was going to let him know tomorrow but he was not sure, so I went to huntington and took out the money and bought it. He told me his son 17 was acting a fool and getting introuble with drinking and drugs, I now am going to sell my org winter car a 1993 dodge colt that gets 42 miles a gallon here soon. But I am not sure about other cars I doubt it.

I am in the same boat. I have my 2000 Cherokee up for sale. Once it sells, I am looking to pick up one of the following: EG or EK Hatch, DC Integra, or 5th Gen Prelude. My goal was something in the 3K-5K range that was good on gas, good in snow, reliable, easy to work on, and can auto-x with.

Geo Metro, if you really don't care about looks. Civic sedan is practical, how is Hyundai on reliability? Like a late model, 95-up.

+1 on the hyundai? and no metro, looking for something a little nicer since I hope to have a real job next summer.

I am in the same boat. I have my 2000 Cherokee up for sale. Once it sells, I am looking to pick up one of the following: EG or EK Hatch, DC Integra, or 5th Gen Prelude. My goal was something in the 3K-5K range that was good on gas, good in snow, reliable, easy to work on, and can auto-x with.

Thats what I'm looking for but not auto-x. Going to go check out some civics this weekend and see what I think of them.

if he has 3-5k why would he get a metro? with the type of money he can get somthing alot nicer.

Might wanna take a look at prices on small, fuel efficient cars. They're getting a little ridiculous.

And good luck getting your hands on a Metro or Accent. They stay on the market for a week, tops, now.

I was looking at a few 4-cylinder ranger/s10/tacoma etc. etc trucks a while ago. If i've got a car that I don't worry about keeping very clean or pretty, why not get the most utility I can out of it? That's my mindset at least...

My 230k mile dakota is still truckin along, but it's got a 318 so the mileage isn't great and I expect the tranny to go any day now. Right now that's what I drive if not the Stealth, and I've really liked a truck as a DD.

I have a 1996 Sunfire I am looking to sell. The car is in good shape but needs front brake pads and possibly rotors. It also has an exhaust leak that needs repaired. The car runs good though and gets around 27mpg. AT, power, and AC. I will let it go for $1000 if someone is interested.