Learn me some Auto trans

JaSSon

The TB SS uses a 4L60E tranny. GM claims it's a HD 4L60E. It's popular among the TB SS guys to swap C6 servos into the stock 4L60E. Educate me on what this actually does. I've read something about larger surface area, but I don't comprehend yet. Also read about changing line pressures. What does that do?

Guest 614Streets
find out where yours is in relation to the rest of the car. That is going to be the first step before dicussing dificulties if your diy with basic garage tools. Otherwise do the latter and have it done.

Yeah its pretty simple. I can tell you I put a corvette servo into my 700r4 and it about breaks your neck now when it shift. So be prepared. Some people dont like them once theyre in.

I put one in a guys suburban, he drove down the street and 10 minutes later he came back dropping it off again asking me to put it back to stock. Thats how I got mine.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 614Streets
Also Jason I have one of these transmissions in my shop if you wanna have me walk you through it you can take the one i have at the shop out first , then do it on your truck. Hit me up on my cell if you want.