fuel pump woes

88lx5oh

so i upgraded to a Jegs 130gph electric pump and have had nothing but problems so far. put the first new one in, replaced my holley red. pump got good pressure had 6 psi at my gauge like i should. drove it, pump leaked and was cutting out on power, and on a drive to work.. it had good pressure up until work then it dropped to 0 psi. (note that im using the jegs fuel pump relay/wiring kit)

so return pump to store, get new one.

put new pump in, it doesnt sound half as loudas the last one, or half as loud as my red pump was.check gauge 0 psi. make sure all my grounds are good, re grounded from the batter to the frame. unhook an line from carb feed. blow gas then air, gas then air.. etc etc.. still cuts out, and still no fuel pressure... if i start the car, it will idle and give about 3 psi, then drop to 0 psi and stay there.

is this pump junk or what.

also im feeding off the stock inlet of the fuel tank no sump. i however modified a stock carbed pickup, and brazed in a nice 3/8" piece of steel tube to feed off of so it wouldnt starv for fuel.. figuring that may be the problem. no dice.

i have a half tank of fuel, so its getting fuel fine. thought filter was plugged, but no again!

what is the deal with this thing??

shitty pump??

should i jsut go buy a holley.. or is the trouble on my end??

dude...wow

i have always used these pumps as gravity feed with the sump trick.maybe this thing just dont like to suck fuel up to it....are you bleeding the air out of the line like i told you?