How much is it worth? 97 Audi A4

WideOpenThrottle

I got offered this Audi as a trade. I'm not an Audi guy and was wondering if it was worth around 6K.

1997 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, 5spd, red, 140K on body

-.57 trim T3/ T04E w/ Twin scroll TH

-Ebay short tube manifold, Thermo wrapped

-450cc injectors

-Custom 3" MAFM housing, and new meter

-All custom Aluminum intercooler piping w/silicone couplers/clamps

-6 x 28 x 2.5 FMIC

-HKS SSQV, HKS aluminum BOV flange(custom)

-38mm Tial wastegate(polished), with custom dump tube

-K&N Cone Air Filter

-F1 stg 1 Clutch (Basically just upgraded pressure plate)

-Forge MBC (N75 Bypassed)

-custom 3" turbo back exhaust, to Bosal muffler(needed new turbo to middle of car piping, knocked against fire wall)

-Bilstein shocks

-Neuspeed Springs

-98 Taillights

-Smoked Side markers

-NEW Original Vented Hub style Audi Rotors

-New O2 sensors

-Defi 2 1/16" boost gauge, w/cup installed

ALL JUST DONE...........

-Checked tuning with VAG-COM

-Check Computer system(no problems)

-Replaced turbo boost pressure valve

-Replaced Mass air Flow meter

-Repaired (fixed) Vacuum hoses

-Adapted throttle control valve

BAD

-CD player doesn't work, still has check engine light because of not having a cat.

GOOD

-NO RUST

-Very clean

-$2400 in reciepts for stuff just re-done

-motor was rebuilt before being swapped in, and at that time only had 80K on it

-Everything works in the car except the radio, no dead pixels in the climate control, cold A/C, heat blows hot, all functions work

I would say thats a 6K car, audi A4's are pretty high in resale value still anyway. Plus that is a pretty good mod list. Just check the ball joints since it is an Audi after all and it has upgraded shocks and springs, which will just kill them even faster. I'm sure others will chime in, but I would say thats a 6K car.

Exactly. That and I don't know how well Audi's hold up or how expensive they can be to work on.

Most euro cars are pretty expensive to maintain, and not exactly easy to work on. Some mechanics would rather slit their wrists than work on an Audi/VW product.

Others will say that they are a joy to own and never give them trouble.

I'm interested what engine management he's running.. I don't think a chip tune would work very well with that turbo. the AEB is a piece of junk 1.8t anyways.

Otherwise, the car is still worth the 6k.. Hell, even a stock one in that condition goes for around that price.

Its worth whatever youd pay for it.

With that said, it looks like a pretty clean car. I dont know much about these cars spicifically but I would somewhat question someone who uses an ebay exhaust mani. It might be an ok part but i havnt heard much good about ebay welds.

I would never by a modded car from someone that I didn't know personally. I'm sure the car and mods themselves are worth the money, but I wouldn't risk 6K to find out if everything was done properly. But the car in pretty good shape so I guess to answer your question, yes it's probably worth the $$$. Good Luck!

Exactly. That and I don't know how well Audi's hold up or how expensive they can be to work on.

I know, first hand. It will be expensive to maintain. I had 2 wheel bearings go, both tie rods ends frozen, and the ABS electronics fail before 140K on my IMMACULATELY maintained BONE STOCK B5 (2000). I was spending more time under it, than driving. I bailed on it 4 months ago.

ALL JUST DONE...........

-Checked tuning with VAG-COM

-Check Computer system(no problems)

-Replaced turbo boost pressure valve

-Replaced Mass air Flow meter

-Repaired (fixed) Vacuum hoses

-Adapted throttle control valve

This means he just deleted his codes, So when you goto look at it there will be nione. And you cannot tune your car with Vag Com nor change any values to affect driving with it as for the Tune of the car.

Something was wrong with his tune and throttle cause he had to re adapt it.

Car is so old and using oe Vacumm lines so they cracked and he had to replace them prolly.

Car still has a j valve or n49 in it so it prolly spikes or fall on its face sometimes out of the blue.

And it still has no indication of what program its running. If they guy mentions MIKA software just laugfh then walk away.