Synchro's wearing out or bad fluid.

thorne

I made a stupid mistake. I raced my car when the motor mounts where broke causing 4th gear and 3rd gear to move during track passes. I think I've worn my syncros out on 3rd/4th. When I shift at any point high in the rpm's it wants to grind. Now it seems to have gotton worse since i switched to ams oil.

I have no problem getting new synchro's put in if thats what it needs but is there a way to know for sure with out opening the tranny? Like I said I'm high in the rpm's when I shift from 3rd to 4th it hates life it seems.

you've inspired me to get my MM replaced quickly. stock mounts are soft and 2/5 runs at WOT cause me to mis 3rd. good shifts, but the motor mounts giving way too much. many on the MS boards swear by the move and that $50 couldn't be better spent. ordering mine now.

you've inspired me to get my MM replaced quickly. stock mounts are soft and 2/5 runs at WOT cause me to mis 3rd. good shifts, but the motor mounts giving way too much. many on the MS boards swear by the move and that $50 couldn't be better spent. ordering mine now.

you getting the cork sport inserts??