Humans and dinosaurs walked the Earth together

ImUrOBGYN

Unlike a medical degree, those cannot be purchased. :)

My point is that your belief (read:loose interpretation) of the bible is not infallible. The church has made plenty of mistakes in the past. They will continue to do so.

Please site the portion of the bible stating that the earth is round.

Isaiah 40:22 (King James Version)

22It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Circle= Hebrew "chuwg",meaning "sphere"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: I'm so tired of you and "yours" spouting your ignorance on what you think is the "theory of evolution". :slap: I'd bet money, without looking it up, you cannot tell me what evolution truly means to the scientific community. (Which is actually understandable as many do not. However, this is not the topic on point.) Because, if you did, I wouldn't have to put on my waders to sift through this bullshit. In other words, I wouldn't have to read yet, another time, about creationism being the same as evolution. Maybe, you should get your facts straight and take the time to learn about what it is you're arguing against.

Besides, I'm not even sure what you meant by this post, regardless of the definition of evolution.

Creationism is NOT the same as evolution.

Creationist believe: In the beginning God....

Evolutionist believe: In the beginning something came from nothing

Evolution violates the first law of thermodynamics.

I think you are forgetting I have sat through all of those biology classes and listen to the instructor teach about evolution. Been there done that , got the T-shirt. I have been educated in evolution, took the test and passed them, and I still see the holes in the theory.

Wow..... Rick you relize how small of a minority you are with your position?

I think if you were to talk to some of the modern churches you would see that science ins becoming more nad more embracced

Through out history the minority position is generally the one that ends up being right. Just because the majority believe something does not make it right.

I really don't have any use for "modern Churches" God has not changed so why would the church. Modern churches are geared to please man, not God.

Because FAITH was written well before SCIENCE was remotely understood

There for the only way to explain something was FAITH.

Ever thing ?GOD? wants mankind to grow and expand by learning how things really work. If you told someone in the biblical times that the world would have things that would fly threw the sky powered by man they would call it magik

Ever thing ?GOD? wants mankind to grow and expand by learning how things really work. If you told someone in the biblical times that the world would have things that would fly threw the sky powered by man they would call it magik

I think God does want us to expand and prosper, but he did not give us lies first.

The bible is not science as much as that makes you sad it's true. The bible was also written by man.

Wosre, it was written and editied by LOTS of men who didn't neccesarily agree with each other.

-It's a book of stories, each has a point. It is a political document, not an historical document.

Seems like you are the one that is spewing hatred. Jesus loves you still.

Is this the best you can do? At no time did I feel hatred while writing that. Frustration, yes. The only thing I truly hate is stupidity and those who are ignorant but don't wish to learn. Thanks for proving my point. ;)

Creationism is NOT the same as evolution.

Creationist believe: In the beginning God....

I think you are forgetting I have sat through all of those biology classes and listen to the instructor teach about evolution. Been there done that , got the T-shirt. I have been educated in evolution, took the test and passed them, and I still see the holes in the theory.

Great, I see you've pulled ONE thing from my post and still only use scemantics to help your argument. Maybe you should go back and read page 2. You, yourself say you're offering the same thing Brain (Gonneville), theory. You've compared creationsim with evolution in that you say they're both theory. Why do I have to remind you of what you say? Do you conveniently forget things? It's probably easier that way. :rolleyes:

Too bad we didn't bet money. You are WRONG. Why? Because of your answer as to what (even though it wasn't an answer but a defensive reply garnering no actual information) evolution is. If you truly knew the defintion of evolution and what it entails, this wouldn't; couldn't be a part of your argument. Your blatant ignorance in understanding evolution, honestly, causes me pause in believing anything you say due to your lack of knowledge and leads me to believe you may twist other things around so they match your 'reality'. Then again, we've seen evidence of this already.

Oh shit! So, you took biology. That's like saying you can take political science and truly and fully understand all that goes on in politics. You get the gist. That's it. If you don't understand the analogy, it only proves my point further.

This is ridiculous. Do you even fully know the history of Christianity and were it came from, it's books, it's beliefs, it's roots, etc? But you're right. God only loved Europeans and everyone else's religion (including those FAR older than Christianity, which many are) were wrong. He only visited "over there". Oh wait, Mormons. Jesus did come to the New World. :rolleyes: Or maybe, that's just a damn convenient way to spread your religion? Maybe, he only appeared in the Old World because people didn't know there was another half of the world? And since people wrote the bible, they hadn't taken that into consideration.

Everyone's elses culture is wrong, I guess. Only your beliefs. Which, btw, many of those beliefs were taken from other religions. Maybe you can find some of your info here> http://www.plagiarismdetect.com/ :D

You ridicule those who believe that "something came from nothing" but you ask others to do the same. Let's break it down.

A magical, all-knowing being (who, uh, apparently appears from NOTHING) comes into existence and for some reason decides he want to create Earth and the heavens and animals, and then bust out man from mud cuz he's lonley. But Adam is like, "Hey, no homo!", and God give him a woman from his rib. The ignorant bitch apparently talks to a snake, disobeys, and gets them both kicked out where they have sex and have kids who then consistently inbreed to produce the world's population.

Seriously, where do you get off? I'm honestly laughing here.

Man, I can really do this for days. But what for? You'll continue to sift through the things you cannot answer and comment on the things you can twist around. That's my scientific observation based on passed, factual events. I'll see if I can get someone to jot it down in a new New Testament book for you to read, if need be.

A closed mind is like a closed book: just a block of wood. - Chinese proverb

Seriously, I may not agree with you, but I used to repsect you for standing up for your beliefs. If you look back, I was never this hardcore about debating this shit with you. Due to your lack of any common sense, constant bashing, misdirected attacks, and lack of a broader sense of understanding of both sides, has caused me to lose respect for you on this subject. (And even some of those who argue against you, as well. Both sides have their 'extremists'. Neither is beneficial.) Not that you care since Jesus loves you, I'm hateful, and a heathen. :(

• Confused 1

Is this the best you can do? At no time did I feel hatred while writing that. Frustration, yes. The only thing I truly hate is stupidity and those who are ignorant but don't wish to learn. Thanks for proving my point. ;)

Great, I see you've pulled ONE thing from my post and still only use scemantics to help your argument. Maybe you should go back and read page 2. You, yourself say you're offering the same thing Brain (Gonneville), theory. You've compared creationsim with evolution in that you say they're both theory. Why do I have to remind you of what you say? Do you conveniently forget things? It's probably easier that way. :rolleyes:

Too bad we didn't bet money. You are WRONG. Why? Because of your answer as to what (even though it wasn't an answer but a defensive reply garnering no actual information) evolution is. If you truly knew the defintion of evolution and what it entails, this wouldn't; couldn't be a part of your argument. Your blatant ignorance in understanding evolution, honestly, causes me pause in believing anything you say due to your lack of knowledge and leads me to believe you may twist other things around so they match your 'reality'. Then again, we've seen evidence of this already.

Oh shit! So, you took biology. That's like saying you can take political science and truly and fully understand all that goes on in politics. You get the gist. That's it. If you don't understand the analogy, it only proves my point further.

This is ridiculous. Do you even fully know the history of Christianity and were it came from, it's books, it's beliefs, it's roots, etc? But you're right. God only loved Europeans and everyone else's religion (including those FAR older than Christianity, which many are) were wrong. He only visited "over there". Oh wait, Mormons. Jesus did come to the New World. :rolleyes: Or maybe, that's just a damn convenient way to spread your religion? Maybe, he only appeared in the Old World because people didn't know there was another half of the world? And since people wrote the bible, they hadn't taken that into consideration.

Everyone's elses culture is wrong, I guess. Only your beliefs. Which, btw, many of those beliefs were taken from other religions. Maybe you can find some of your info here> http://www.plagiarismdetect.com/ :D

You ridicule those who believe that "something came from nothing" but you ask others to do the same. Let's break it down.

A magical, all-knowing being (who, uh, apparently appears from NOTHING) comes into existence and for some reason decides he want to create Earth and the heavens and animals, and then bust out man from mud cuz he's lonley. But Adam is like, "Hey, no homo!", and God give him a woman from his rib. The ignorant bitch apparently talks to a snake, disobeys, and gets them both kicked out where they have sex and have kids who then consistently inbreed to produce the world's population.

Seriously, where do you get off? I'm honestly laughing here.

Man, I can really do this for days. But what for? You'll continue to sift through the things you cannot answer and comment on the things you can twist around. That's my scientific observation based on passed, factual events. I'll see if I can get someone to jot it down in a new New Testament book for you to read, if need be.

A closed mind is like a closed book: just a block of wood. - Chinese proverb

Seriously, I may not agree with you, but I used to repsect you for standing up for your beliefs. If you look back, I was never this hardcore about debating this shit with you. Due to your lack of any common sense, constant bashing, misdirected attacks, and lack of a broader sense of understanding of both sides, has caused me to lose respect for you on this subject. (And even some of those who argue against you, as well. Both sides have their 'extremists'. Neither is beneficial.) Not that you care since Jesus loves you, I'm hateful, and a heathen. :(

I did not read any of that, but I am impressed that you took that much time to write something. :D

I'm pretty sure that Genesis tells us that something came from nothing. You have proven yourself wrong, therefore nothing you say is valid.

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/overview_scientific_method2.gif

As you can see from the above diagram neither young earth or old earth theories can be duplicated in an experiment. So all either one of us have is hypothesis. When some constructs an experiment that can create life from pond scum, let me know. Mark another notch in your failure column.

The fact that a "doctor" has less grasp of the scientific process than a high-school dropout makes me despair for the country.

How did you make it through the science classes necessary to obtain a medical degree without learning that in the case of non-reproducible natural phenomena, observation takes the place of experiment?

Evolution has withstood countless attempts to disprove it. Creationism falls apart within minutes under even the lightest of examination, as does young Earth.

• Confused 1

The fact that a "doctor" has less grasp of the scientific process than a high-school dropout makes me despair for the country.

How did you make it through the science classes necessary to obtain a medical degree without learning that in the case of non-reproducible natural phenomena, observation takes the place of experiment?

Evolution has withstood countless attempts to disprove it. Creationism falls apart within minutes under even the lightest of examination, as does young Earth.

Cause he's not a real doctor... :D

I kid. I kid.

I kid. I kid.

I don't. The LAST person i want treating me is someone who believes in any form of "Intelligent Design". If someone designed the human body, they were dumber than a pile of cowshit. The human body is hardly the image of God. It's a mish-mash of half-finished, unstable independent systems that topples over at the merest hint of malfunction. I want a doctor that knows that for truth.

You assume I don't grasp it. I understand it completely. I just see the holes in evolution.

Than you're shit-out-of-luck, as the majority of the medical force is religious.

Yep. Most are because they are smart enough to realized that out body did not happen by accident. Spend a couple hundred hours in Gross anatomy class and your views my change, as mine did. I was a raised in a catholic home, but as an adult was very "non" religious. Anatomy and Embryology is what help shape me.

St. Anns- Catholic Hospital

Mt. Carmel-Catholic Hospital

Riverside- Methodist Hospital

Barnes Jewish Hospital St. Louis Mo.

Missouri Baptist Hospital St. Louis Mo

Just a couple of religious hospitals off the top of my head.

You assume I don't grasp it. I understand it completely. I just see the holes in evolution.

How can see the holes in something you don't understand. And the fact that you couldn't take the time to read my post (which you probably did) is in running with how you usually handle my posts. Not answering them with anything concrete. It's ok, I'm used to you forgoing my posts even though, up till now, I've never asked questions or presented posts that were purposely made to incite anger, to put down, or anything of the like. Thanks for reassuring my decisions about religion, yourself and the like.

What's wrong, Rick? Giving up already? This was never an actual battle for me, (these thread topics in general, not just this one), only a debate to learn more about people's thoughts on the matter. Now, I'm just willing to pick you apart, but I guess we're done already. ;)

And seriously, how dare you insult people's intelligence simple because they don't believe what you believe? Or are you going to tell me you didn't do that, either? :rolleyes:

x2 hope GonneVille does fall ill

It may help change is arrogance.

WTF!!! I just got this. What the fuck is wrong with you? I see how you changed his quote to say I hope he does fall ill. :nono:

I'm sure you'll feign ignorance or divine intervention. :rolleyes: