Good mustang forums

Sam1647545489

well i may be guessing here but IMO

sam has a dig car going together. im thinking he is building a roll car, similar to that of a local bmw 5.0 power car

Really its more of a dig car as well. Its not a bad roll car but with what has happened this year with racing, I think roll racing on the freeways is a bad idea. I will let everyone know why I am looking for 5.0L parts at the end of this week. Some of you might already know.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock 5.0 (non-mexican) block reliability drastically drops off beyond 400 rwhp and 6000 rpm. Sure a guy will run 600 rwhp through it and 7000 rpm..... for a week. Girdles are marketing BS.

If you plan more than that and dont want the hassle of constantly switching short blocks get a Boss, Ford R302 or Dart block.

Astro performance sells a nice rebuilt 600 rwhp t5 as well as g-force for about about 1500-2000.

T5 = 75 lbs. T56 = ~200 lbs. which would you rather have for a performance car without a rear mounted transaxle if you don't care about gas mileage

alright- I will see if I can find the link/threads.... it came up more than once and basically the result was that they WERE NOT going to protect your block from failure but they WOULD protect your rotating assembly from being damaged by falling out onto the ground so you can polish it up and put it back in... hang on.

A girdle is going to restrain the motor from contorting. That's going to lower friction considerably in high hp situations and save rods, pistons, crankshaft, and block. I've heard of people gaining hp even from a set of main and valley girdles.

alright- I will see if I can find the link/threads.... it came up more than once and basically the result was that they WERE NOT going to protect your block from failure but they WOULD protect your rotating assembly from being damaged by falling out onto the ground so you can polish it up and put it back in... hang on.

The weak point of a 5.0 liter isn't the bottom end...

Really its more of a dig car as well. Its not a bad roll car but with what has happened this year with racing, I think roll racing on the freeways is a bad idea. I will let everyone know why I am looking for 5.0L parts at the end of this week. Some of you might already know.

I know I know

Did I ever say it was- I said reliability drastically drops after 400 rwhp and 6000 rpm.

This car has been making 500+ wheel for some time now with out showing any types of issues. Only issue it has right now is it lifts the heads alittle on high boost in 4th gear on a long pull. I am ordering some head studs and gaskets to help that situation. Other then that, it has a stock T5 trans with a stock clutch.

Sam... Look at this Liberty built T5... $600 its a good deal... I dont know if he still has it though...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/861694370.html

Also I have a whole 5.0 parts car that I'm parting out now. Let me know if you need something??? It's mostly stock but it has a few aftermarket parts on it...

Oh BTW... I think I know what car are you talking about... I just didnt know he was trying to get rid of it???

Sam... Look at this Liberty built T5... $600 its a good deal... I dont know if he still has it though...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/861694370.html

Also I have a whole 5.0 parts car that I'm parting out now. Let me know if you need something??? It's mostly stock but it has a few aftermarket parts on it...

Oh BTW... I think I know what car are you talking about... I just didnt know he was trying to get rid of it???

he told me last night that he sold it the other day...was a good buy though!

Guest Removed

i would love to have that car ;)

liberty t-5 or tko500 would be best..you could never talk him into it due to it was his budget car, so he always peiced stock trannys back together for it :D

i have the tremec that's just below the TKO (i think its the 3650), and it shifts like shit--i can't fucking stand it, and will be yanking it eventually (for a 6 speed). the thing seeped tranny fluid from the day i bought it from D&D performance.

Guest Removed
tremec are great, i just dont like 1st gear, and they wont shift great unless you adjust the hell out of the clutch. the one i had , had a center force clutch worked great. had to adjust the shit out of it before i get the feel and it to snap just the way it wanted to. but even with 3.73's and 26" tires i hated shifting before the 60' mark.

i have the tremec that's just below the TKO (i think its the 3650), and it shifts like shit--i can't fucking stand it, and will be yanking it eventually (for a 6 speed). the thing seeped tranny fluid from the day i bought it from D&D performance.

The 3650 is what is in the 01 and up gt's and Machs, I would say its a 3550 I know people run those with the 5.0s. I love the way my 3650 shifts when it stays together, but I do not like the 3550's