Drummers

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets

How many drummers do we have on here? How did you get into it?

There is almost nothing like throwing on an I pod and jamming out sets! I understand alot guys loose interest after jumping in but that is not a problem for me now! :D

My father was born in philadelphia and played big band buddy rich style throughout philadelphia and east board. He was a percussion teacher during the day at a studio he rented and worked nights at clubs. He quit being pro after he settled with mom and became a carpenter. Anyways what all that means is I heard drums all during growing up and being around them.

I just like to thrash on them now , its great :)

My uncle got me into drumming at 9 before he got me into guitar the next year. Guitar has always been my forte though. I was looking into getting a set soon and just recently decided to go electronic. I'm going to start building up a little studio in my next apartment and figured I can spend a bit extra on a nice electronic kit (looking at the Roland TD-9SX V-Tour) and keep my neighbors happy.

I've been playing on and off for years, got started by accident lol. i played bass in a few hardcore and punk bands all through highschool, and ended up hanging out at another bands practice, during a break i jumped on the drums and started messing around and the guitarist played a few of their songs with me. i guess they thought i was better then the guy they had, because he went to vocals and i started drumming lol. Weird thing is i had never picked up a set of sticks in my life. But yea, i still play when i can, really miss playing shows and shit.

Oh, and rockband needs to get an actual kit setup, and a double bass pedel, because its fucking goofy how its setup lol. But it's a great way to waste time and have some fun.

I have always played drums. Started young on pots and pans and got my first kit for my BDay when I was 5. Was in concert and marching band in highschool and played for a couple of garage bands in HS and college. I have a set downstairs now but only get to play a couple times a year.

On a side note. I think playing drums has contributed to more hearing loss then my straight thru 3 inch exhaust. :-)

CJ

Drummer here, 14 years. Have a couple sets but since my child was born I almost play exclusively on my roland v-set. Love polys and double bass action. No im not in a metal band. Lately though I've playing around with a db/jazz variant that doesn't make a lick of sense. Fun to play though. My neighbor also drums and he absolutely embarasses me when it comes to the drumline/core style snarework cause he was in band in school, while I was drinking beer.

I also play guitar and bass, I started with guitar first and switched to drums. My highschool had about 100 kids that played guitar, and 2 drummers so at least I got to play a lot.

i've always been a drummer. my pops was a drummer from highschool on and i picked it up on my own by playing with his kit. a pearl black yamaha custom 7 piece ... Since my brother stole it and put it in his basement... i tried to cope with the loss by buying a yamaha electric kit and it wasn't the same :(

jwest001, the "double bass" we are referring to is the stringed instrument.

http://www.mendelsonarchives.com/Photos/clarke2web.jpg

...just to clear up the confusion.

*edit* I just read the thread again. Apparently Pat and I are talking about the upright while everyone else is talking about the pedals. Soooooo nevermind.

The thread is titled "Drummers" after all. :)

Yep. Me = Dumbass. :D

Yeah I was talking about actual double bass drums. Look at this set at 3:00.

For all you guys that hate 80's hair hit mute.

Holy shit I haven't heard that song in years. He should go down as the highest soprano male rock vocalist. Or maybe Steve Perry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jrdD6mv7hQ

Check out 4:08 for the beginning of my favorite use of double bass pedal ever.