Fords "Nanny Key"

Main3s

Too much ass-coddling in this country. It seems to me, when I was a kid, there seemed to be alot less restriction. Now, they restrict everydamnthing there is and this "forces" (for lack of a better word) the kids to go out of their way to either do what kids have done for generations anyway, or find something even more extreme. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any restrictions on anything, but we're not currently taking the right steps.

My thinking is, that if you're that damn concerned that your kid is fucking up and you can't even trust them/ their judgment to let them borrow the car at that age. Why are you letting them behind the wheel in the first place? Now parents won’t stress the important facts about driving safely, they’ll put the responsibility on a god damn key.

Yeah but how many new teen drivers are actually going to be driving around in brand new Fords? Yeah they may learn to drive in Mommy or Daddy's new car, but most teens will end up with there own car and very few will end up with brand new cars. Of course that depends on where you live and who your Mommy and Daddy are.

Yeah but how many new teen drivers are actually going to be driving around in brand new Fords? Yeah they may learn to drive in Mommy or Daddy's new car, but most teens will end up with there own car and very few will end up with brand new cars. Of course that depends on where you live and who your Mommy and Daddy are.

Those "new" cars become used "buckets" that teens will drive. We will sell a ton of them.

So those who disagree would also disagree with "net nanny" software? I mean, should kids drive around in cars with no airbags cuz "my parents cars didnt have airbags and we turned out ok!"?

Damn those parents for not letting little johnny or little susie act like a jackass in the family car.

I think it's technology that actually improves lives of those who use it and those sharing the road.

Honestly i think the option has a market, I dont think it should be standard equipment. I personally wouldn't use it for my kids, althought i would totally use the GPS tracking devices to confirm what is going on.

Of course though teaching a kid to race on a track is a bigger deterent than a piece of software.

i and a lot of my friends beat on our parents cars in the corners when i was a few years younger, so this key would have made no difference. never really did any "high speed" runs, although that might be because i was in either a sunfire that started falling apart the moment it hit 100,000 or a monte carlo(with the POS 3.1 V6) that attracted dents like a son of a bitch(on the way to school one morning, i was at a stop waiting for about 5.7 million deer cross the road when one hit ME. the fucker jumped right over the ditch and right into the passenger fender, dumb bastard). not exactly the most powerful cars known to man. not exactly the best handling cars every though, lol.

How many people that posted in here have kids that are booing this thing? Let alone, how many are teenagers and going to drive next year.

My son is going to turn 16 next year (HOLY FUCK!). I would probably get this for him. But I don't think he's the speed racer kid. He's more of a geek and a xbox nerd so to speak.

His first car is going to be some beat up piece of shit that drives. That's all he needs to do with it. Drive it. Doesn't need to be a race car or have any power in it.

+12million.

Best strategy to date!

:bangbang:

Definitly. What I HATE the most are these stupid fucking sticker's that just say "student driver" that soccer mom's put in the back of their SUV's or minivan's.

So am I to assume and expect this driver to make a stupid decision or mistake? As if to warn the rest of the driver's that "hey my kids a fuckin idiot so expect it." if so they shouldn't fucking be driving.

I already have a car (so I don't have to deal with this stupidity), one that's gonna stick with me for a long time . Much longer than those keys will last before they break or explode or something overly-Ford-ridiculous.

LMAO do you know how much is shared between mazda and ford, even in your current car? The 6 is built on the same line as the mustang.