cordless drill buffer attachment?

JaSSon

Has anyone seen these locally? It's a little buffer pad that fits into a drill. Similar to the Meguire's Powerball, but it's a 2"-3" pad. I've looked at Auto zone and O'Reilly's with no luck. Sears hardware perhaps?

Guest 614Streets

You have to be really careful with these as they are not controllable like a classic buffer and depinding on the drill , the chuck can be a nice paint scraping tool if you go near fender to bumper areas etc.

Dewalt buffers are not too expensive I would invest in one rather than the drill buffer pads.

I will try to remember to find one at work tomorrow.

You can use a regular roloc adapter like the angle grinders use. That will accept the size pad you want, just make sure the pad is roloc as well.

If you read closely the powerball for paint was specifically designed to get into tight corners and crevices that a conventional rotary buffer setup can't quite get 100%. It's pretty goofy and ineffective to use on an entire car. Not to mention I highly doubt it'd finish out the paint very nicely either.

For tough to reach areas great...for the rest of the car no.

Andy

BP3F-COMBO- 7-pc 3" Hook and Loop Foam Buffing Kit

-3" wool compounding pad

-3" wool blend polishing pad

-3" yellow polishing foam pad

-3" black finishing foam pad

-3" backing plate

-DA adapter

-Drill adapter

$40.99 and we have plenty in stock

You can order this through a Mac distributor, call customer service, or here http://www.mactools.com/Mac/Mac+Products/Catalog/Automotive+Specialty/Paint+&+Body/Body+Hand+Tools/Miscellaneous/BP3F-COMBO

*Mods- This is not a sponsorship thing, just answering a question.