Who has dealt with creditors

Twistedrx7

Trying to figure out some opinions for myself. I am trying to pay a creditor before it goes on my credit report. They tell me if it is paid within 30 days it will not go on my credit report.

I asked for them to send me a fax with the company letter head and a letter stating that when payment is made in full it will not be put on my credit report. They declined to do so. They said they would send me a payment in full fax instead.

So far they have broken two FCC regulations during the procedure.

One, calling and leaving me a voicemail without notifying me that they are a creditor. Two, they left a long distance phone number for me to call them back at.

When i received the voicemail i had no idea who it was, and not to mention i was out of the country. I called and left a message for them to call me back and let me know what they needed and who they were with (I thought it was my bank as i didnt notify them i was going to be out of the country).

I plan on paying it just want to make sure i dont get screwed. I have read up on the company and saw they have a lot of problems filed with the FTC already.

I called the original creditor to verify what was going on when i returned home. I told them i would rather deal with them instead of the secondary creditor. They told me they cannot call off the creditor since now they get a cut of the money. 50% holy crap. Im in the wrong business.

Any insight? If you say pay your bills on time i will provide more insight. I didnt receive a phone call about me owing any money to the original creditor. And a letter that got lost along the way apparently.

This is concerning an apartment i backed out of. The apartment complex told me if i payed that months rent they would re rent the unit. apparently they didnt rent it until another month later somehow. I know i could drag it out with the apartment complex and have them pull records of apartments they rented out in the same price range during that time. Im just tired of getting screwed by the MAN.

debit owed it 294 bucks.

It all depends on the original creditor. If they continue to report the item once you pay, that is their prerogative. However, you may write a letter to the credit reporting agencies if they still report it, and you may have the item removed.

IMO, if you are worried about this at all, you should pay the item as quickly as possible. If you have access to a phone recorder when you make your deal, I would also use that. The violations that you have listed are not severe enough to dissuade the debt collector from anything and would probably not earn you a judgment or a settlement. Verify that you will receive a "paid in full" letter and keep track of it. Document everything. Let me know how it goes.

i do 1st party collections (ie, im calling from the bank that financed the CC, not a collection agency that's been hired out). they are not required to not put it on your credit report. its credit history. good or bad, all they have to do is report accurate information. if you didnt pay for 3 months, they put it on your CBR as "3 months delinquent" then when you pay it show "paid in full", your CBR will show something along the lines of "1-2-3-0" showing you went 1, 2, 3 months behind, then the 0 will signify it was paid in full. if they charge off the account and send it to a collection agency, it may show 1-2-3-9, 9 usually meaning write off/charge off

now as for your message, unless you can show me where a creditor is required to state the company they're calling from in a message, im pretty sure you're wrong. at my work, the title they give us is "agent". they have stated that if i say "this is agent smith", THEN, i do have to identify the name of the bank. if i say "this is mr. smith calling, i need a return call today at ###-###-####", we're not required to name the bank. as for the long distance number, i havent had to deal with anything but 800 numbers, and im too lazy to look into that.

any collection agency you read up on the BBB, someone is going to be making a complaint. not always because the agency is a shitty one, but people who are that delinquent are going to do whatever they can to get out of the debt. thats why they're "debtors" and not "customers"

the original creditor is not only willing to deal with you at this point because the agency is getting a cut, they have a contract with the agency, and you can not have 2 companies dealing with the same debt. if that were the case, you could have 10 companies calling you over the same debt. trust me, it pisses me off too, because i have people calling me daily. probably 5-10 people a day, if not more, wanting to pay their bill, and i have to send them to the agency, and thats money im missing out of that could go toward my goal.

with apartments, if you signed a lease, back out of it, if they cant rent it out for 6 months, guess what? youre gonna have to pay that rent amount for 6 months. thats why they make you sign a lease.