Alternatives to having a generic government/president

V8 Beast

The current state of our country has been caused by putting the wrong people in charge and not having the proper checks and balances in place to stop those idiots. Our history is full of fuck ups, cover ups, nonsense, and wool being pulled over the eyes of it's citizens. If you look back in time we break stuff, break it more, fix it temporarily... then break it worse than it was broke the first time :mad:

Rather than having a President call the position "America's Spokesperson". That person would relay info and be the face and voice of the country. The people actually in charge of the country would be voted in by popular vote. Rather than have Republican, Democrat, Independent, etc. We would have; Lower class, upper lower class, middle class, upper middle class, upper class (Your income determines where your vote goes). Once in office the 5 of them assume the role of Leaders. From there they would work together to hire enough people to do the job of the senate, congress, etc. Put an equal number of each group in positions to avoid one side trying to make life better for only themselves... and profit :p

I know my idea has too many flaws to work. Do you have any bright ideas????

The father's of our Nation had parties:

The First Party System is a term of periodization used by some political scientists and historians to describe the political system existing in the United States between roughly 1792 and 1824. It featured two national parties competing for control of the presidency, Congress, and the states: the Federalist Party (created by Alexander Hamilton) and the Democratic-Republican Party (created by Thomas Jefferson and James Madison).

The First Party System ended during the Era of Good Feelings (1816-1824), as the Federalists shrank to a few isolated strongholds. In 1824-28, as the Second Party System emerged, the Democratic-Republican Party split into the Jacksonian faction, which became the modern Democratic Party in the 1830s, and the Henry Clay faction, which was absorbed by Clay's Whig Party.

I'd agree with a non-party kind of set up, but going by income would be a little difficult. What's important to a man making $250K a year vs. a man making $50K would be different. I believe every person should have their voices heard, but it would be a tough nut to crack. I want a Patriotic party :)

Washington warned us about partisan politics 200 years ago. He was right.

Unfortunately, as much as I dislike the parties, they will form one way or another, formally or informally.

Also being "patriotic" is definitely a good thing. Its also entirely subjective, and happens to be one of the single abused words in America today.

Disagree with us ? You're being unpatriotic.

Or taken to its most disgusting misuse, polarizing people into the "us vs them" attitude, where disagreement means your siding with the terrorists.

What's that ? You ... don't like the Patriot act destroying your rights ? You're a terrorist sympathizer.

Im not disagreeing with you that a party needs to be patriotic, just reminding you that they all think they are in their own way.

Crips and bloods: Gangs that get to gether to fight over area, drugs, and money.. They are frequently involved in illegal activity and vast numbers alone in certain areas make them very powerful. Gangs have been known to settle disputes with killing. Kids living in poverty and low income areas look up to them as role models. Most feel these are not the right type of role models for our children to have.

Democrats and Republicans... Groups that get togther to fight over larger areas, resources, and money. They are frequently involved in criminal activity and have managed to recruit most of the U.S while avoiding the gang title. Many look up to them as role models. They have been known to settle disputes by attempting to blow up entire countires. Even though some of them are criminals or career liars it is ok for your child to want to grow up to be just like them. :D

With the advent of the internet, I fail to see why we still need a representative democracy.

-New laws would be introduced by people we elect, however, they DO NOT vote on them. These people are on strict terms. And NO RIDERS! :mad: One issue at a time.

-Monday - Friday = New laws are introduced and tweaked.

-Every Sunday = The nation votes on them from the comfort of their home. Majority wins. No large companys swaying the votes. No politicians who do it soley for their benefit. Just what the COUNTRY deems best.

-This, too, would probably be corrupted, though. :(

I too have been saying let the people vote THEMSELVES and get rid of the representation system. With today's technologies it COULD be done.

We are FAR away from that ever happening though. Hell we still embrace the electoral college system that is completely unnecessary in the 21st century.