Goldman Sachs

El Karacho1647545492

Hands down one of the best companies in america, even with all this economy stuff. Not sure what type of job you are talking about, but if it is anything in the investment banking/private wealth management, etc side of things, get ready to work some LONG hours. Like 80+ hours a week. Sucks for a few years, but once you put in some time, get ready to bring home major bacon.

Edit - I know this because my best friend is in private wealth management at their chicago office. Really, an awesome company to get in with if you can.

One of the biggest criminal organizations of our time... steal as much as you can and let the taxpayers bail you out.

Wanna back that up with some facts? :nono:

Not to mention, he is asking about them as a company to work for. I'll reiterate from above, great company to work for.

Hands down one of the best companies in america, even with all this economy stuff. Not sure what type of job you are talking about, but if it is anything in the investment banking/private wealth management, etc side of things, get ready to work some LONG hours. Like 80+ hours a week. Sucks for a few years, but once you put in some time, get ready to bring home major bacon.

Edit - I know this because my best friend is in private wealth management at their chicago office. Really, an awesome company to get in with if you can.

The secretary of the Int'l Relations dept. met with a rep from GS and said that they're looking to hire people for really any position based entirely on personality. They're not even looking at GPA, etc, they just want to see that I have a degree from a good university and that I WANT to work for them, which I do. I just need to show up prepared to answer the toughest interview questions I'll probably ever face.

I took a quiz on their site to give myself an idea of where I'd fit in there, and it told me to apply for "Global Complaince" or "Human Capital Management" whatever those mean. Hopefully something that involves travel.

edit: many thanks for the input