A vote for Obama is a side with Farrakkan

OSUGT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF does this have to do with Obama? This is Farrakhan talking ABOUT Obama. I didn't see Obama endorsing this or agreeing with this in the article. I think NOPR's point is a valid one. Just because a group gives its support to a candidate, it doesn't mean the candidate wants or approves the support.

What is it about Obama that seems to attract more "crazies" than McCain?? That's the point. Is my initial title correct? If you vote for Obama, you are voting for the candidate of Louis Farrakkans choice.

Call me an "idiot", say I don't have a point...whatever. Facts are facts.

I posted an article that doesnt fit in your paradigm fo Obama, so your initial reaction is to attack the messenger.

Obama is less than a month away from the election and he's only up 5 points. Seems to me that the more that comes out about him, the more venomous the attacks on any opposition seem to become.

It's not the fact that they support him. It's the fact that they believe he is the, or is doing the work of the Messiah.

Imagine the leader of a large Christian group saying:

When McCain talks "Jesus is absolutely speaking"

People would be in an uproar. Again, since it's the Obama camp tolerance is PC so "it's not his fault people feel that way"

What is it about Obama that seems to attract more "crazies" than McCain?? That's the point. Is my initial title correct? If you vote for Obama, you are voting for the candidate of Louis Farrakkans choice.

why do we have to be crazies? there are alot of people supporting mccain that are just as corrupt as farrakkan. are you saying because one guy supports him your all against it? so if farrakkan was about lowering gas prices, bringing the econonmy back to a stable place, and putting legal money i your pocket you would be against all that? maybe you should worry about yourself more than aonther man.

This is the worst logic I have ever heard.

Call me an "idiot", same I don't have a point...whatever. Facts are facts.

I didn't realize somebody on a message board saying Obama attracts more "crazies" is a FACT.

Let me quote part of the article:

Returning to the theme that Obama is a mystical figure, Farrakhan said, he "is not the Messiah for sure, but anytime he gives you a sign of uniting races, ethnic groups, ideologies, religions and makes people feel a sense of oneness, that's not necessarily Satan's work, that is, I believe, the work of God."

So this guy thinks Obama being elected is the work of God. I don't see the big deal, or how it should change YOUR VOTE.

This sort of thought process happens every day in churches across the country.

I posted an article that doesnt fit in your paradigm fo Obama, so your initial reaction is to attack the messenger.

Obama is less than a month away from the election and he's only up 5 points. Seems to me that the more that comes out about him, the more venomous the attacks on any opposition seem to become.

It's not the fact that they support him. It's the fact that they believe he is the, or is doing the work of the Messiah.

Imagine the leader of a large Christian group saying:

When McCain talks "Jesus is absolutely speaking"

People would be in an uproar. Again, since it's the Obama camp tolerance is PC so "it's not his fault people feel that way"

Wow, you both ARE crazy...

I don't give a shit about Obama. Give me a better person who can keep the Republicans out of office and I'll vote for him.

And, please read my posts, there is not a single "attack" against you. You're the one going super-defensive here. I'm just pointing out how bad of an argument the OP was.

Now, that aside...

You're saying that because some crazy group backs Obama, it's going to change how he behaves in office? Or that it has some impact on his decision making?

If I told you that Scientology likes f-bodys, so you'd better not buy one or you'll be buying into the Scientology BS, you'd all call me stupid and that there's no connection between the two. But here's someone saying that because Farrakhan likes Obama, a vote for Obama is a vote for Farrakhan, and when I say that's BS, I'm a blind Obama supporter that can't take a hit to my "paradigm."

If you two believe this argument so strongly, leet me ask you this: If Farrakhan had said that the messiah will drive a Mustang or Evo, would you sell your car?

Just because someone says they support a thing, doesn't mean that thing in-turn supports that someone.

why do we have to be crazies? there are alot of people supporting mccain that are just as corrupt as farrakkan. are you saying because one guy supports him your all against it? so if farrakkan was about lowering gas prices, bringing the econonmy back to a stable place, and putting legal money i your pocket you would be against all that? maybe you should worry about yourself more than aonther man.

Let me try to explain something to you. When someone put's a word in quotation marks, you must look a little closer at the comment.

By "crazies" I mean, Bill Ayers, Farrakkan, Hugo Chavez, Hamas, Acorn, etc. I try to refrain from calling people names. You have a right to vote for whomever you choose. Just vote with facts and not blind allegiance.

Tell me how Obama is going to put more money in my pocket by taxing big business, raising capital gains taxes, and more govt spending. How does it benefit small business by fining them if they can't afford health coverage for their employees? Let me ask you this, has a poor person ever given anyone a job?

How will Obama lower gas prices? By taxing oil companies? Sure...keep telling yourself that. How will he stabilize the economy? Will he make sure that more banks loan to people who can't pay them back because that's what he says is "fair?"

Please tell me how your magical Messiah is going to accomplish these things. Is McCain perfect? Hell no. However, Obama is a soothsayer with no real substance.

Let me try to explain something to you. When someone put's a word in quotation marks, you must look a little closer at the comment.

By "crazies" I mean, Bill Ayers, Farrakkan, Hugo Chavez, Hamas, Acorn, etc. I try to refrain from calling people names. You have a right to vote for whomever you choose. Just vote with facts and not blind allegiance.

Tell me how Obama is going to put more money in my pocket by taxing big business, raising capital gains taxes, and more govt spending. How does it benefit small business by fining them if they can't afford health coverage for their employees? Let me ask you this, has a poor person ever given anyone a job?

How will Obama lower gas prices? By taxing oil companies? Sure...keep telling yourself that. How will he stabilize the economy? Will he make sure that more banks loan to people who can't pay them back because that's what he says is "fair?"

Please tell me how your magical Messiah is going to accomplish these things. Is McCain perfect? Hell no. However, Obama is a soothsayer with no real substance.

Now you're going off-topic.

Wow, you both ARE crazy...

I don't give a shit about Obama. Give me a better person who can keep the Republicans out of office and I'll vote for him.

And, please read my posts, there is not a single "attack" against you. You're the one going super-defensive here. I'm just pointing out how bad of an argument the OP was.

Now, that aside...

You're saying that because some crazy group backs Obama, it's going to change how he behaves in office? Or that it has some impact on his decision making?

If I told you that Scientology likes f-bodys, so you'd better not buy one or you'll be buying into the Scientology BS, you'd all call me stupid and that there's no connection between the two. But here's someone saying that because Farrakhan likes Obama, a vote for Obama is a vote for Farrakhan, and when I say that's BS, I'm a blind Obama supporter that can't take a hit to my "paradigm."

If you two believe this argument so strongly, leet me ask you this: If Farrakhan had said that the messiah will drive a Mustang or Evo, would you sell your car?

Just because someone says they support a thing, doesn't mean that thing in-turn supports that someone.

did I quote you? no The gentleman before you so maturely called me an "idiot"

Would you support a guy endorsed by Hitler? probably not. I put Farrakhan on that level. Like you with Obama, I don't think McCain is the best republican choice, but I have to weigh it.

Now vote for Bob Barr and not Obama :)

Now you're going off-topic.

he posed a question. I responded.

And maybe I should have worded my title differently. By "side with Farrakhan" I meant an agreement. I did not mean to imply you endorse all his views.

Point taken.

My point is that if I ever have one agreement with Farrakhan, I need to really examine my value system.

:rolleyes: No you're missing my point.

I would not have ANY ties or associations with ANYONE who claimed I was the Messiah.

I would publicly state "Thank you for you're support, BUT support my ideas, my ethics, my hard work. Please do not support me believing I am the Messiah."

Again, I don't know why I waste time arguing this. The same people who want change SO MUCH that they would vote for ANYONE over McCain are the same people who don't worry about who is in Congress or Senate. After all the president alone decides the well being of our country. :rolleyes:

How will Obama lower gas prices? By taxing oil companies? Sure...keep telling yourself that. How will he stabilize the economy?

http://www.barackobama.com/taxes/

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/

Read up. For one I think Obama's tax plan is better than McCains. Middle class folks will get more money back under Obama. The wildcard here is with the economy tanking anything could happen once the next person (whoever it is) gets into office.

As voters we have to investigate the candiates stated plans and their previous record.

you're an idiot. by the same logic, is a vote for mccain a vote for the KKK? I'm sure they support him...

Democrats/liberals crack me up.

You're supposed to be accepting and tolerant of everyone, open to all views and opinions.

"you're an idiot" doesn't exactly portray the liberal/democrat views.

Fucking idiot. See, I'm not a liberal/democrat, so I can say that. Hell, I feel good for saying that. Fucking idiot.

:gtfo:

http://www.barackobama.com/taxes/

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/

Read up. For one I think Obama's tax plan is better than McCains. Middle class folks will get more money back under Obama. The wildcard here is with the economy tanking anything could happen once the next person (whoever it is) gets into office.

As voters we have to investigate the candiates stated plans and their previous record.

talk is cheap. We have the second highest corporate tax rate in the world. I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that has something to do with why American jobs have disappeared.

Obama is playing class warfare games. Newsflash! We need the rich! It's not a crime to be rich! The top 10% pay some 80% of the total federal tax base (Or some stupid number like that). How bout we stop trying to figure out how to punish the rich and figure out how to stop some of the spending that can be returned to the middle class???

if you read my statement i didnt say obama was going to do any of these things did i? i said if farakkan was going to do that would you disagree with him. reading owns you obviously so i wouldnt expect much from you listening and comprehension skills either. and i did not call you an idiot, i simply bolded the area, because you said it, not me.

and what is with this magical messiah shit? is anyone bringing up maccains religion? i mean lets not talk about his marriatal status because hes such a god fairring man himself correct?

if you read my statement i didnt say obama was going to do any of these things did i? i said if farakkan was going to do that would you disagree with him. reading owns you obviously so i wouldnt expect much from you listening and comprehension skills either. and i did not call you an idiot, i simply bolded the area, because you said it, not me.

and what is with this magical messiah shit? is anyone bringing up maccains religion? i mean lets not talk about his marriatal status because hes such a god fairring man himself correct?

Well, you are not supporting McCain. Forgive me for thinking you though Obama was a solution to the problems you raised.

talk is cheap. We have the second highest corporate tax rate in the world. I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that has something to do with why American jobs have disappeared.

Obama is playing class warfare games. Newsflash! We need the rich! It's not a crime to be rich! The top 10% pay some 80% of the total federal tax base (Or some stupid number like that). How bout we stop trying to figure out how to punish the rich and figure out how to stop some of the spending that can be returned to the middle class???

How long do I have to spoon-feed you man? From the article I linked:

Eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses, cut corporate taxes for firms that invest and create jobs in the United States, and provide tax credits to reduce the cost of healthcare

Talk is cheap. You are right. But that's all McCain and Obama can really do at this point.

^^Agreed. I may not be rich, but logically you can look at this. Obama wants to tax businesses that make over $250K/year. ARE YOU SERIOUS! I believe most businesses, even small, with atleast a handful of workers, will make over $250K/year. The trickle down effect does work.

How long do I have to spoon-feed you man? From the article I linked:

Eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses, cut corporate taxes for firms that invest and create jobs in the United States, and provide tax credits to reduce the cost of healthcare

Talk is cheap. You are right. But that's all McCain and Obama can really do at this point.

Keep spoon feeding me then.

First, it sounds like the firm has to invest and create jobs before the tax cut. Hmmm, if I can do it cheaper somewhere else, as a business, I would. Screw the tax cut that might happen if I somehow meet their qualification for investment and creation.

Cut the tax first!

Fine, tax credits are great. But don't fine businesses for making an economic decision that best suits them (ie employee health coverage)