98-99 merc sable heater doesnt blow hot air

armin922

First thing to check would be your coolant level. Most of those cars have quite a few coolant lines behind the engine and are prone to leaking on an older car. One of the first things you notice with a coolant leak is the lack of hot air.

look at the heater hoses behind the motor right before the hoses connect to the heater core there is a little bypass hose this bypass allows debri to collect in the heater core and then the water flows through the bypass instead the fix is to remove the hose assembly flush the heater core with a garden hose and then make new heater lines out of bulk hose this elimnates the bypass and no longer allows debri to become trapped in the heater core. this is alos assuming you have already checked that the motor gets up to operating temp and the thermosat and fans function properly

hope this helps

Guest Removed
look at the heater hoses behind the motor right before the hoses connect to the heater core there is a little bypass hose this bypass allows debri to collect in the heater core and then the water flows through the bypass instead the fix is to remove the hose assembly flush the heater core with a garden hose and then make new heater lines out of bulk hose this elimnates the bypass and no longer allows debri to become trapped in the heater core. this is alos assuming you have already checked that the motor gets up to operating temp and the thermosat and fans function properly

hope this helps

i have seen the heater core plug soild in them! i have a pic of oneillpost later.

heater core is not so bad.i have done them many times with out pulling the whole dash out! ;)

could be a blend door if the heater is not plugged up.