If gas prices continue to freefall...

copperhead

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the FIRST Gulf War was about oil, and not about protecting the Kuwaitis?

Take your pick of which war he's talking about, it's still wrong.

The Gulf War, was in a BIG part due to oil. Kuwait has some crazy % of the World's oil. We weren't the only one's there that time. But the oil was an underlying issue. #1 Goal, was pushing the Iraqi's out of Kuwait, in which did not belong to them.

(Operation Desert Storm/Shield became "Gulf War" - Where as currently this is Operation Iraqi Freedom. We never declared war.)

Not a bad idea. But stockpiling ammo is probably money better spent, if Obama gets elected.

Argue with me all you want, use my own words against me, fine. Quote whatever you want. Don't put words in my mouth again in a serious conversation.

I've made my views clear, in my own words. You do the same, explain YOUR political beliefs, if you can. Because all you've done so far is start shit and then step back into the closet and scream "NOT IT!" And don't give me any shit about wanting to stir debate, or make people think.

We collectively drive down demand. Prices fall.

If we all get gas-happy cause of the dropping prices, and start consuming like crazy again, we'll drive prices right back up.

The price of gas will do nothing for this election if the overall economy is still in the shitter. All signs point to poo for the next year or more.

It'll never get back down to $2 per gallon now that the oil companies have gotten it all the way up to $3+. At the current price of a barrel of oil, 4 years ago gas would've been around $2.00-2.20. It's still at 2.95 today because of Bush and the Republicans backing their oil companies. They gotta keep raping America as long as they can as their days are numbered and they are smart enough to realize it.

i dont care who takes credit for it. i like lower gas prices

Harry Doyle: [before the playoff game] Monty, anything to add?

Colorman: Ummm... no.

Harry Doyle: He's not the best colorman in the league for nothing, folks!

Economy sucks

People lose jobs

No job means less driving

People are being conservative and saving money, which means less driving

Many people being laid off or conservative on spending translates into less demand for gas.

Market reflects it, prices drop.

So, since people blame the republicans for the poor economy, I guess that would make them responsible for lower gas prices.. But then they should also take credit for people not having jobs to be able to enjoy the cheaper gas.

• 3 weeks later...
WTF conspiracy theory are you spouting off now?

yes I am bringing this thread back to prove I wasn't "spouting off" as you so rudely claimed:

“Zone pricing,’’ is what the gasoline industry calls price discrimination – wholesalers charge less to stations in zones with many stations and more to stations in zones with few stations. Legislators take one look at “zone pricing” and assume that they can lower prices by requiring wholesalers to sell to everyone at the same, “non-discriminatory,” price.

google search

yes I am bringing this thread back to prove I wasn't "spouting off" as you so rudely claimed:

“Zone pricing,’’ is what the gasoline industry calls price discrimination – wholesalers charge less to stations in zones with many stations and more to stations in zones with few stations. Legislators take one look at “zone pricing” and assume that they can lower prices by requiring wholesalers to sell to everyone at the same, “non-discriminatory,” price.

google search

Guess what - this isn't quite what you said before. Let's see...

Isn't this part of the rotating pricing cycle? Some regions get cheaper prices for a while then it rotates.

You still haven't said anything to prove a rotating price cycle. Whats said in your latest post could be attributed to transportation and distribution costs. Lets say that in Ohio, Columbus, Cleveland and Cinnci all have their own distribution centers, since they are the three big metro areas. It costs little to run tankers to local gas stations. The problem is that you still have all of the rural parts of the state that need fuel. So now, you've got a Cleveland tanker running down the interstate Cambridge, or a Cinnci tanker running to Dayton, or a Columbus tanker heading to Chillicothe. It costs more to supply these areas, so of course the gas station in that area will have to eat the cost of transportation. What is unfair about that?

google search

Everyone who knows anything about gas and oil know what zone pricing is... basically distribution areas. No conspiracy there

It'll never get back down to $2 per gallon now that the oil companies have gotten it all the way up to $3+. At the current price of a barrel of oil, 4 years ago gas would've been around $2.00-2.20. It's still at 2.95 today because of Bush and the Republicans backing their oil companies. They gotta keep raping America as long as they can as their days are numbered and they are smart enough to realize it.

ColumbusGasPrices.com is listing it at $2.09 as of this posting @ 10/28 8:41PM.

ColumbusGasPrices.com is listing it at $2.09 as of this posting @ 10/28 8:41PM.

I would love to be proven wrong, but I think this will be very short-lived and is in all probability being influenced by the election. I wouldn't be surprised to see "supply and demand" dictate an increase in costs after the election. But we'll enjoy it while we can. :)