Equality, 'bout time!

Science Abuse

So Eric is pro-draft, along with his hero Obama. Doesn't sound very hippie to me.

Umm, where does the article state that Obama is in favor of INSTATING the draft? It only says that he is in favor of women registering for the draft, or more properly, registering for the Selective Service.

Yes, but not allowed in the combat MOS field.

I've got no problem with women in combat MOS, as long as they have to meet the same standards as men. No compromise on that point.

But women are already seeing actual combat on REMF duties over there.

I've got no problem with women in combat MOS, as long as they have to meet the same standards as men. No compromise on that point.

A: Realize who you're talking to about seeing combat.

B: There are psychological reasons many women shouldn't be in a direct combat MOS.

A: Realize who you're talking to about seeing combat.

B: There are psychological reasons many women shouldn't be in a direct combat MOS.

A: I do realize. He knows the reality of women in supply convoys coming under fire during ambushes.

B: I agree. But there's plenty of men I wouldn't want holding a rifle next to me. I'm not saying all women that ask for direct combat duty should be granted it.

I don't know any process that you can use to weed out those who can't handle it, but you could start by offering them a choice between the current womens' training, where certain standards are relaxed, and taking the same program and standards as the mens' basic. The women who can pass the mens program would be allowed to apply to combat MOS, the rest go to the current REMF duties already open to them.

But banning women from the military is just stupid. There are a shit-ton of women in non-combat REMF roles that do their jobs as well as anyone, and getting rid of them is going to mean that skilled positions will have to be filled by men who could be using those skills in the combat arena.

You've never worked with women in the Army. I say no for a reason

A.) Distracts guys from what their doing

B.) Women won't be able to meet the criteria men do. Plain and simple. A 130lb girl would not be able to carry a 200lb man w/ an added 70lbs of gear. Ain't gonna happen.

C.) I've seen a female medic freeze up on the job.

D.) The standards are never the same IE- PT standards.

E.) The only thing "combat" a woman will do overseas is, MP, medic, and some of the transportation bullseyes.

-Flat out women should not be allowed. God knows how many sexual harrassment charges, and other kinds of crazy shit my old company would be in. With a female around, 99% of straight guys will be thinking about getting pussy from her, not on the matter at hand. Plain and simple.

(Ugly gals start to look good in about 4-5 weeks time.)

C.) I've seen a female medic freeze up on the job.

I've seen male factory workers freeze up ont he job (fire situation). They didn't freeze up because they have a kooter, they froze up because they sucked at what they were doing. That's not gender specific. ;)

B.) Women won't be able to meet the criteria men do. Plain and simple. A 130lb girl would not be able to carry a 200lb man w/ an added 70lbs of gear.

Generally agree (I'm sure there's a tiny girl out there willing to prove me wrong... PM me your number. ;) ).

You have a point and a solution right there. Allow them in, but hold them to the same requirements. If what you're saying is true, none of them will pass anyway.

A society is reflected by the value they place on thier women. The fairer sex should be proctected, not put in harms way unless they choose too.

Women who sign up are allowed in the military, the draft should not include them.

A society is reflected by the value they place on thier women. The fairer sex should be proctected, not put in harms way unless they choose too.

Women who sign up are allowed in the military, the draft should not include them.

Why not? Like I said, make women who want combat MOS go through the same training and standards as men. If they fail, they go through the womens, and go to REMF duty and domestic postings. That guy holding a rifle outside your local AFB is hardly in a combat MOS. Send him to combat, and put a woman there. There are so many jobs within the military that do not require the strength or stamina needed in a combat soldier.

In the case of a draft situation, women could fill these extremely necessary positions, freeing up male soldiers to man the front lines.