dracula ballet

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112
has anyone been to this before? my gf wanted to go to it so im taking her on saturday night....ive never been to a ballet, but i heard that its like a musical without singing...im sure somebody here has been dragged to it by their significant other at some point and im seein what people thought of it?

umm....balletmet or capa...idk the difference of those two things....

http://www.capa.com/columbus/events/event.php?e=539

BalletMet is putting on this performance - they're the "trademark" company of Columbus. I've been to some of their performances, although I have not direct experience with the Dracula one. I'll ask the wifey. Most likely it's not as traditional as the ballets where everyone is in tuxedos drinking champagne, haha. Should be an eye opener for ya, but rest assured, this isn't going to be traditional ballet - it will be some more... modern.

This piece is going to be "dramatic" so yeah, definitely not a classical ballet I would say that if you've never been to one... you should go and... sit through it and go from there. I had the same opinion but when I first went to one, and they can be sort of difficult because there aren't words (hand motions tell the story). It won't be what you're used to, but if you're willing to give it a try this is a good one to start with. Should be entertaining.

Good luck.

Guest tbutera2112
my gf wouldnt make me go if i told her i didnt want to...but she has been talking about wanting to go and i figured since im spending 600 bucks on my car this weekend, the least i can do is take her out

my gf wouldnt make me go if i told her i didnt want to...but she has been talking about wanting to go and i figured since im spending 600 bucks on my car this weekend, the least i can do is take her out

Shit I wish I was that lucky - if I was allowed to spend $600 for every performance she took me to I'd have one helluva Shelby!!

But I know that's kind of reversed...

Guest tbutera2112
lol were not married, i can spend as much as i want on whatever i want and i dont have to ask her first.....but we only go out like 2 or 3 times a month because im always broke because of my car, so i figured ill take her out to something she wants to do

I got kinda guilted into going although she paid for the tickets. It was definately not the worst experience of my life. It was fairly entertaining if not amazing at some points. I don't think you'll regret it. As a bonus the entire place was full of smoking hot 20-30 year old women wearing the shortest, tittiest showing dresses in their closet. :-)

Hmmm my wife ballet dances in Columbus... what company is putting on the show?

Who is your wife?

My gf dances with BalletMet. I saw Dracula this past Sunday. Its definitely a good show. Just a word of warning, when the casket comes up out of the stage, close your eyes till your gf tells you to open them, that is unless you want to see Jacksons bare ass.

If you arent familiar with the traditional dracula story its in the program, it will help you understand whats going on if you read it.

But yeah, my gf is one of draculas brides in that show, not sure if she's performing that night, but shes got red curly hair thats kinda hard to miss.

I got kinda guilted into going although she paid for the tickets. It was definately not the worst experience of my life. It was fairly entertaining if not amazing at some points. I don't think you'll regret it. As a bonus the entire place was full of smoking hot 20-30 year old women wearing the shortest, tittiest showing dresses in their closet. :-)

This is definitely true, theres some crazy hot girls going to the ballet

Who is your wife?

My gf dances with BalletMet. I saw Dracula this past Sunday. Its definitely a good show. Just a word of warning, when the casket comes up out of the stage, close your eyes till your gf tells you to open them, that is unless you want to see Jacksons bare ass.

If you arent familiar with the traditional dracula story its in the program, it will help you understand whats going on if you read it.

But yeah, my gf is one of draculas brides in that show, not sure if she's performing that night, but shes got red curly hair thats kinda hard to miss.

My wife is Gabrielle Barton - she used to dance with BalletMet when we were first here, before we moved to Nebraska. Now that we're back she's dancing with Columbus Theatre. They're doing an addition in this opera coming up (not this weekend but the next).

Interesting "field" I agree - good looking girls. ANYHOW, who is your gf? You come to find that everyone knows everyone in the ballet community almost.

My wife is Gabrielle Barton - she used to dance with BalletMet when we were first here, before we moved to Nebraska. Now that we're back she's dancing with Columbus Theatre. They're doing an addition in this opera coming up (not this weekend but the next).

Interesting "field" I agree - good looking girls. ANYHOW, who is your gf? You come to find that everyone knows everyone in the ballet community almost.

Amanda Phillips-Bosshart. She's been dancing for about ten years, she was in Sarasota, Chicago, and goes out to Portland in the summer.

I think she's been with BalletMet for about three or four years. Its definitely a small group of people in the field, it seems like everyone knows everyone else with how much moving around the dancers do.

She's not doing brides on Saturday though, just the ballroom scene. :(

Amanda Phillips-Bosshart. She's been dancing for about ten years, she was in Sarasota, Chicago, and goes out to Portland in the summer.

I think she's been with BalletMet for about three or four years. Its definitely a small group of people in the field, it seems like everyone knows everyone else with how much moving around the dancers do.

She's not doing brides on Saturday though, just the ballroom scene. :(

I know Amelia used to dance there too - not sure how acquainted you are with the dancers. I don't know to many people anymore at BalletMet. I remember the wifey complaining about "Miss Yo" all the time, I don't know if you get any of that. Quite frankly the complaining pisses me off half the time, but ballet ain't no shit man, they get WORKED.

There was a gal that used to work in the office there, her name was Terry something-or-other - do you know her? I don't know if she even works there.

If you date a dancer or you're married to one, you know the definition of "politics" and "I'm 5'2" 100 pounds in stunning shape but I still feel fat at the end of the day" lol.

I know Amelia used to dance there too - not sure how acquainted you are with the dancers. I don't know to many people anymore at BalletMet. I remember the wifey complaining about "Miss Yo" all the time, I don't know if you get any of that. Quite frankly the complaining pisses me off half the time, but ballet ain't no shit man, they get WORKED.

There was a gal that used to work in the office there, her name was Terry something-or-other - do you know her? I don't know if she even works there.

If you date a dancer or you're married to one, you know the definition of "politics" and "I'm 5'2" 100 pounds in stunning shape but I still feel fat at the end of the day" lol.

Not sure if I know those people. Most of the people I know are the actual dancers, I've met some of the front office people, but not on a familiar basis with most of them. Most of the complaining I hear is about the interactions between the dancers. I swear they are like a bunch of high school girls. But yeah, there are definitely favorites and you have to play the game or else you wont get the parts. and I hear you on the whole body image thing. Its crazy. Those girls are the most in shape people I've ever met.