500hp, 1150lb and 10,000rpms

Trouble Maker

Thats heavy IMO too... I think they can make something lighter. Im sure theres a coupld hundred lbs they could rip out.

Look at all this crap... not necessary:

External Oil Cooler + Remote Oil Filler Kit

MasterLube Accumulator System – Ecotec Engines

Fire Extinguisher Kit

Remote Brake Bias Adjuster

Battery Master Switch

Towing Eye Kit

Sida Panel Kit

SPA Microdash Datalogger Carbon Dash Kit

Twin Bubble Windscreen

FIA High Intensity Rain Light

Options:

Individual Seating Package

Carbon Fiber Center Console for Individual Seating

3” Competition Seat Belt Pads

Lighting Kit

12V Power Source

Billet Aluminum Accelerator Pedal

Passenger Footrest & Driver Deadpedal

Billet Aluminum E-Brake Handle

Blind Spot Mirror

All that crap easily weighs in at over 100lbs. EASY.

I thought I'd heard some bad things about the Stalkers... Doesn't matter though. Anything can be improved with some pipe, a donor sportscar, and a welder.

Biggest problem with the Stalker is the rear axle. The S-10 axle the kit uses is too damn heavy. All that unsprung weight in such a light car. (1350, just high enough to pass SCCA weight minimum for it's class) The problem is that anything lighter just won't hold up to the torque of the L67. Using an aftermarket Jaguar style independent rear would reduce the unsprung weight, but increase the overall weight. I'd be willing to make the trade-off.

1st Place

Shelby Super Car (ssc) Ultimate Aero TT

Yup, I knew it was some XXX (three lettered) car. I was pulling that part off of the top of my head and knew that it may have been wrong. I just knew that some car recently beat out the Veyron and that's the car that popped into my head.

Still, they all three did hold the top speed record at some point (ableit it was the Koenigsegg CCR and not the CCX).

The SSC Ultimate Aero weighs 2750lb and has 1046HP, putting it at 2.7lb/hp. Almost as low as this car, but not quite.

This car and the Atom 500 have the same motor. I'd personally rather have the Atom.

Didn't know about the Atom 500, but if it's the same engine like you say, I'd agree. Although I'd be perfectly fine with the n/a version. I'd think I'd almost prefer it with those individual throttle bodies and trumpets.

The Ariel Atom, in any variant, is on my very short list of cars to own.

God that's a beautiful looking engine. :eek: