Explain driving to me....

Putty

One more...Why is it that people in huge tall SUVs that can see right over my relatively low slung car feel the need to pull up past me when I'm making a right turn? They have to wait for traffic from the right to clear, which means they'll be sitting for awhile, and because they completely block my view of traffic to the left, I'm stuck waiting for them to turn so I can see whether I'm clear?

I was talking to ND2RACE about this shit this morning. I have been getting cut off by people for no apparent reason and they don't user their damn blinkers. I was going home yesterday and this Caddy did it on the highway when we were the only two cars around and there was no exit anywere close. I did as the others said, rode up on him, went around and cut him back off, there was no reason in hell for him to jump over in front of me.

Oh, one from the trucking side; Why do four-wheelers(anyone who drives a car, truck, SUV, WTFE.) wait till the bottom of a fucking ramp to look at traffic before merging? I can't begin to count the number of times some dumb fuck has had to ride the shoulder cause he couldn't be bothered to look for a hole until the very last second, at which point it's like "Holy Shit! There's a 70-foot long, 13-foot high, brightly lit monstrosity that I didn't even notice, in the lane that I want to merge into and has been visible to me for the past 1/4 of a mile if I'd looked!"

Even worse than that is the habit of passing and then diving in front of, a truck that is already braking to stop at a light.

I hate people in the right most lane that do not get over one lane when I am entering the freeway. I almost pushed one person off to the left lane one day because she didn't even hit her brake or speed up. The middle lane was free of all traffic. You should do at least one of those so someone can merge onto the highway. People like this should lose their license.

I hate people in the right most lane that do not get over one lane when I am entering the freeway. I almost pushed one person off to the left lane one day because she didn't even hit her brake or speed up. The middle lane was free of all traffic. You should do at least one of those so someone can merge onto the highway. People like this should lose their license.

Hey, Dragknee, want to tell him who would have gotten the ticket?

Oh, one from the trucking side; Why do four-wheelers(anyone who drives a car, truck, SUV, WTFE.) wait till the bottom of a fucking ramp to look at traffic before merging? I can't begin to count the number of times some dumb fuck has had to ride the shoulder cause he couldn't be bothered to look for a hole until the very last second, at which point it's like "Holy Shit! There's a 70-foot long, 13-foot high, brightly lit monstrosity that I didn't even notice, in the lane that I want to merge into and has been visible to me for the past 1/4 of a mile if I'd looked!"

Even worse than that is the habit of passing and then diving in front of, a truck that is already braking to stop at a light.

That shit pisses me off to no end as well. I mean come on, accellerate to the speed that the traffic is going, how do you expect to merge if you're going 40mph.

people like you make me want to kill babies. now while yes i do try and move over to let people on the highway, but if i cant that doesnt mean you can just barge right on. the yield sign is there for a reason.

people like you make me want to kill babies. now while yes i do try and move over to let people on the highway, but if i cant that doesnt mean you can just barge right on. the yield sign is there for a reason.

There is no yield sign on the highway. It is called an acceleration ramp for a reason. I shouldn't have to put my brakes on to get onto the highway. I need to be going the speed limit by the time I am on the highway.

tell the old people in front of me not to stop then.....I can't tell you how many times folks merging from Sawmill North to 270 east fucking STOP on the God Damn ramp!!! :mad::mad::mad: Anytime there's an accident there, chances are it's because some fool can't merge on a ramp, let alone get on the highway. :mad::mad:

There is no yield sign on the highway. It is called an acceleration ramp for a reason. I shouldn't have to put my brakes on to get onto the highway. I need to be going the speed limit by the time I am on the highway.

that's because they also think it's legal to jump from a simple right turn and hop over 2-3 lanes right away. they are just waiting for traffic to clear :rolleyes::mad::mad:

that's another pet peeve...when turning right, if the other car doesn't turn into the curb lane like they are required to do but rather jumps over into mine and cuts me off :mad: I can't tell you how many fuckers I've rolled down my window to explain that rule to. I feel like making a cliff note book of rules and road etiquette and tossing it to them at the next light....with a brick attached to it.

I like getting off 315S on Bethel where there is a fucking whole lane for people getting off the freeway and they STOP at a god damn YIELD sign.

Guest tbutera2112
whenever i see a cop i let off and make sure im not more than 3 or so over...and if im driving down the road and see a cop in my rearview, i make sure to make the next available turn....random plate checks ftl, ive been pulled over twice since my license was suspended, but both times i was within my driving rights so its been ok so far...had 2 close calls though

That's because they only put up yield signs where right of way is unclear. The law is, cars entering the traffic pattern must yield. That means when you enter the highway, or when you get on the road from a parking lot or driveway, the same law applies; Right of way belongs to the car already on the road or freeway. The responsibility for safely entering the traffic pattern is entirely on the car coming down the ramp. If someone moves over to let you in, it's purely a courtesy.

I agree and know that part of the law, but in all honesty, the courtesy would be for folks not to be in the far right lane where traffic is attempting to get on the freeway.

A good example is on 270E at Sawmill where there are two lanes attempting to get on the freeway. Folks need to move the fuck over as the nearest exit is 315S and that's waaayyy down the road.

The other is at 270W to 33W in Dublin. There's no reason traffic should be in the right lane on 33W as they go by the on-ramp/curve coming to 33W from 270. The next exit, Avery Rd., is more than 1-2 miles up the road. Courtesy is to move left and let people on the road.

Either way, in my case, I usually just blast up ahead of the car not moving over and have never had a problem. Both my LS4 in the GXP rolling in 2nd gear and now this little bugger in say 3rd or 4th own most anyone trying to keep me from getting on the road. Just today at Sawmill / 270 I showed a dick in a new Caddy CTS that his 300hp V6 aint got what it takes :bangbang: Yeah....he was a bit pissed but hey :gtfo: ............of the way. 3rd Gear owned you buddy :lol:

That's because they only put up yield signs where right of way is unclear. The law is, cars entering the traffic pattern must yield. That means when you enter the highway, or when you get on the road from a parking lot or driveway, the same law applies; Right of way belongs to the car already on the road or freeway. The responsibility for safely entering the traffic pattern is entirely on the car coming down the ramp. If someone moves over to let you in, it's purely a courtesy.

I don't care about that law. You are an idiot if you don't either, GTF over a lane, step on the gas and get ahead of me, or coast behind me until i get on the highway. I ALWAYS do one of the 3 things in that order. Fuck common courtesy courtesy you will cause an accident if you don't yield. Be a defensive driver or don't drive at all.

One of the many rules of defensive driving is "Don't Prevent Others from Passing You". If I am getting onto the highway my pedal is to the floor since I have no horse power. Getting up to 65 is hard sometimes... don't make it worse for me because you want to drive 60.