No time for the national anthem...

OSUGT

HAHAHA You find anything to bash Obama Isnt ironic that the Union Workers and Firefighters are supporting him

Unions love dems and always have. The dems love to have people get paid for no work/sub par work, just like the unions. BTW.... I was a Teamster from 1991 to 1995

Oh my god, I see it now! He must be un-American because he favored using his time for more speakers than having the National Anthem sung! This has completely changed my view on Obama.

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't expect a soft 20 year old child to understand the point of my post.

Go home and have mommy bake you some cookies. Did you have a tough day at school?

Go home and have mommy bake you some cookies. Did you have a tough day at school?

And so placing priorites on song > then real topics? Bull shit . I'm sorry that your bleeding heart red white and blue is so blinded by Patriotism to realize true patrionism comes from actions not some song.

And so placing priorites on song > then real topics? Bull shit . I'm sorry that your bleeding heart red white and blue is so blinded by Patriotism to realize true patrionism comes from actions not some song.

Thorne, why can't you do both? It's 5 mins out of your day. Some blow hard speaker can wait 5 mins.

It's a respect thing. That's all. Maybe you are so blinded by your hate for any criticism of anything Obama that you can't see the man has serious character flaws.

But F character, right? It's all about the economy.

That's actually sort of right. Though not nessesarily just 'economy', even if that should be first priority. Character should be damn near the last thing anyone casts a vote for. That's how we ended up with the moron we got.

He's the guy you wanna "have a beer with" remember ? I suppose most of us forgot that they wouldn't let their drinking buddies do their taxes, let alone run a country.

Though I like to hear the national anthem as much as the next american, this is hardly a valid point when trying to select apt leadership. "You didn't wear enough flare ..."

Now that's 'disrespectful'.

You disagree ? You're a child.

Would you have thrown such a hissy fit if McCain did the same thing?

And I'm not even going to respond to your problem with my age, that has nothing to do with this and I'm not sure why you even brought it up in the first place. But if you want to attack my age instead of explain why you found such a problem with the National Anthem being skipped one time, then be my guest.

Respect for the Country, the office of President, and the anthem are three things I take seriously. If he does not have the respect for our time honored traditions our country has have for years that says something about his character.

Ronald Reagan would not sit behind the presidents desk without a suit coat on because he had that much respect for the office of the presidency. That is the type of leader I want, not someone who short cuts and anthem to save 5 minutes.

I am not bashing anyone's age, but what I notice is, the younger crowd has nowhere near the respect for our country that people my age or older have. Maybe that went down hill when we stop saying the pledge in school. Just food for thought.

Respect for the Country, the office of President, and the anthem are three things I take seriously. If he does not have the respect for our time honored traditions our country has have for years that says something about his character.

Ronald Reagan would not sit behind the presidents desk without a suit coat on because he had that much respect for the office of the presidency. That is the type of leader I want, not someone who short cuts and anthem to save 5 minutes.

I am not bashing anyone's age, but what I notice is, the younger crowd has nowhere near the respect for our country that people my age or older have. Maybe that went down hill when we stop saying the pledge in school. Just food for thought.

Honest question: when did they stop saying the pledge in school? I was still saying it in 2006 when I graduated, and I heard talk of them trying to stop it but never knew that it happened.

But anyways, I don't think it's as much of an issue of respect as you are trying to make it out to be. He didn't say he wanted to skip the National Anthem explicitly because he found it unnecessary or because he just doesn't like it. They wanted to use as much time as possible to cover important issues that they felt needed to be discussed. This is just my opinion, but I think that spending more time discussing what we need to do to fix the problems our country is facing right now is just as respectful, if not more so, than singing the National Anthem.

But what do I know, I'm only a kid :o (not directed toward you, Rick).

Honest question: when did they stop saying the pledge in school? I was still saying it in 2006 when I graduated, and I heard talk of them trying to stop it but never knew that it happened.

But anyways, I don't think it's as much of an issue of respect as you are trying to make it out to be. He didn't say he wanted to skip the National Anthem explicitly because he found it unnecessary or because he just doesn't like it. They wanted to use as much time as possible to cover important issues that they felt needed to be discussed. This is just my opinion, but I think that spending more time discussing what we need to do to fix the problems our country is facing right now is just as respectful, if not more so, than singing the National Anthem.

But what do I know, I'm only a kid :o (not directed toward you, Rick).

I went to Columbus public screwools and I don't remember it after 4 th grade.

Moronic jingoism lives on.

Tell me this, if the National Anthem had never been scheduled in the first place, whould it have even made news? Way to focus on the important stuff.

How anyone out there can assume that anyone in public office is anti-America is just absolutely retarded. Having freinds who have run for simple local office positions, I can tell you that the proccess is so unbeleivably miserable that no one would make it past the first or second step if they didn't actualy beleive in this country.

Would you have thrown such a hissy fit if McCain did the same thing?

And I'm not even going to respond to your problem with my age, that has nothing to do with this and I'm not sure why you even brought it up in the first place. But if you want to attack my age instead of explain why you found such a problem with the National Anthem being skipped one time, then be my guest.

Yes I would be just as pissed if McCain did it.

I brought up your age because respect dies a little more each day in this country.

I apologize for calling you soft. I don't know you. I do know that young adults in your generation and my generation get lazier and more disrespectful every day.

It may be just a song to you, but it means a lot more to me.

It may be just a song to you, but it means a lot more to me.

I think you hit the nail one the head. To many it is just a song. I look at it as a symbol of white people before me went through to allow us to be here.

When I here that song I think of my uncle that was a combat engineer in the army. He went into Normandy, at Omaha beach on June 6 1944. They just don't make many men like that anymore. That song is for the men like him, and all of the others that allow us to be here today.

Thorne, why can't you do both? It's 5 mins out of your day. Some blow hard speaker can wait 5 mins.

It's a respect thing. That's all. Maybe you are so blinded by your hate for any criticism of anything Obama that you can't see the man has serious character flaws.

Chacter, Read the rolling stones article this is a man who was considered a jack ass when he was a pilot. I'm taking my base and going home. A man that looked like he wanted to explode of anger during the debate.

Do you have to sing the song all the time? i mean is it a baseball game? Do you sing it when you goto work ?

Do you have to sing the song all the time? i mean is it a baseball game? Do you sing it when you goto work ?

Knowing the way you come off on here, if this was McCain, you'd be all over it; maybe the media too.

I think it's sad if any candidate elected not to schedule the anthem in the first place, but when they specifically cancel it, it throws up a red flag; it's apparent that this means there are other priorities to them. Would it really be a problem to just tack on whatever else at the end of the rally?

Guest 614Streets

Bill clinton lobbed a couple missles to the middle east. Lotsa effort.

Occasionally I do find it going around in my head while I'm driving around at work. You don't? COMMIE

Unions love dems and always have. The dems love to have people get paid for no work/sub par work, just like the unions. BTW.... I was a Teamster from 1991 to 1995

So you had a lengthy 4 years as a teamster and you can throw out a blanket statement like this? :gtfo: I'd maybe rethink that argument or the phrasing of it because what you said was a huge slap in the face to those that built this country (including my grandfather and step-father who both retired with 30+ years EACH in the unions). I spent a little over 2 years in the Local 423 and have a respect for those that I worked with that apparently you never developed.

So you had a lengthy 4 years as a teamster and you can throw out a blanket statement like this? :gtfo: I'd maybe rethink that argument or the phrasing of it because what you said was a huge slap in the face to those that built this country (including my grandfather and step-father who both retired with 30+ years EACH in the unions). I spent a little over 2 years in the Local 423 and have a respect for those that I worked with that apparently you never developed.

Along with being a former teamster, I worked in many union Machine shop/manufacturing facilities rebuilding and repairing machine tool equipment. So I have seen the crap that unions bring.

The "you were not a member long enough to have an opinion" aurgument, is really weak. Besides I have two more years than you do, family experience means nothing.

Unions of yesterday were needed, today they do NOTHING besides take the workers money and stifle business. In a union environment, the workers are pitted against management and it tends to create a hostile work environment for all. Workers that would be fired in a non-union shop are not fired because the union protects them. Just look at Ford, GM, and Rolls Royce in Mt. Vernon.

I heard about GM cancelling "Unscheduled Overtime" today coming into work. The deal is this. If a union member calls in sick, 2 other members make up his hours with OT.

How inefficient is this???? Do you think Honda and Toyota operate this way?

GM and Ford make great cars but they are saddled by outdated unions that destroy margins.