too many miles??

Jonan1647545505

i found an 89 zx7 on CL with 50k miles... is that alot? ive gone most of the season trying to get my shadow going and i really jsut dont have the time to work on it with school and work, and i want another sport bike anyway. he's the orginal owner, says it needs the alternator belt replaced, the bike looks good in the pics has a clear title, he wants $1800. i havent seen it yet but with that kind of mileage would it even be worth a grand?

alternator belt needs replaced? 50k can or can not be alot, but yea from a guy saying the alt belt needs replaced, i'd laugh, alot, and then run away lol.

Ever think of picking up a salvaged bike? nows a great time time to look through the salvage yards, and you can usually pick up 2000 and newer 600-1k that with a little work and ebay parts shopping, you can have a decent ride for a really good price.

alternator belt needs replaced? 50k can or can not be alot, but yea from a guy saying the alt belt needs replaced, i'd laugh, alot, and then run away lol.

Ever think of picking up a salvaged bike? nows a great time time to look through the salvage yards, and you can usually pick up 2000 and newer 600-1k that with a little work and ebay parts shopping, you can have a decent ride for a really good price.

i love working on stuff, dont have alot of free time but where are these salvage yards? list a couple if you would. i only know of one yard up where im going to school, but they are mostly a tear-down-n-sell-parts kinda place.

i offered the guy $800, waiting for response, if he excepts i'll check it out if not i'll keep looking.

thanks