Question about shipping a gun

HAOLE

actually, Mass is a shitty state for guns. He will have to speak with an FFL there to make sure everything is cool before you guys do anything.

as for breaking it apart - the receiver is the single part that is legally defined as being the gun. Any other part of it can separately be shipped, but the receiver MUST be shipped to an FFL. At which point, it makes zero sense to strip the gun.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55992

more info there, but it MUST be shipped to an FFL.

Ah, forgot you can't do individual-to-individual shipments. I was asking my FFL guy if I could ship the Saigas to Tromix or if I needed to go through him. He told me I could ship direct. Got'em mixed up.

Disregard my previous posts.

actually, Mass is a shitty state for guns. He will have to speak with an FFL there to make sure everything is cool before you guys do anything.

as for breaking it apart - the receiver is the single part that is legally defined as being the gun. Any other part of it can separately be shipped, but the receiver MUST be shipped to an FFL. At which point, it makes zero sense to strip the gun.

That is what I thought. By the time we ship it and pay and FFL person on both end, he will be better off just buying one there. I know Mass sucks when it comes to guns, he has told me about some of the laws there. They don't like to give out CCW's there either.