have to share: man builds lambo in his basement

tripleGmax

Heres the full story with pics: http://jalopnik.com/5065896/hand+made-lamborghini-built-in-basement-finally-sees-light-of-day

basically built it in his garage, knowing he couldnt get it out. so he hired a guy to knock out his basement and pull it out.

pretty amazing!

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2008/10/medium_2957919997_6edf9108db_o.jpg

i dont' understand hwy people build kit cars... or the modified Fiero's and shit.... You aren't going to get the same experience.... so basically... you are building it to be seen in it like a chicken headed hood rat.... you might fool people until they get inside and see the "less than desireable" interior. (PS - i know they make interior kits too, really nice ones actually... yet, will hike the price up considerably)

Building a kit car is just like...nevermind

Look at the math... If you get a 80k loan to buy one, the monthly payment would be like 1800 at most... Buti bet you spend about the same per month to fabricate the thing for 4 years.

This is no kit car.

Ken designed and fabricated his own tig-welded frame, installed a thoroughly massaged 351 cubic inch V8 with a ZF-25 5-speed transmission, hand-formed the aluminum body over a meticulously measured and accurate body form, and finished it all off in a beautiful metallic gray.

im thinking even if there were copyright issues, that Lamborghini would look at this guy as a pioneer and a true fan of their brand and cars and i wouldn't be the least bit shocked if they found out and donated a real one to him...

would be good PR for them

damn no crap! so much dedication to the car he knocked out his wall just to get it out.

i bet it feels amazing to drive that thing. not only the looks but just knowing all your hard work comes together and you can drive something that you yourself completely hand built.

thats fucking amazing. make sure to look at all the pictures before all you dumbass think its a kit car.

that guy has patience and talent.

I looked at EVERY SINGLE picture of that "dweeb" and his car. I even recall reading the poitn about the engine....

You wanna split hairs about calling it a kit car... FINE, call it a replica, and imitation, a poser... .call it what you want, it's not the real fucking thing....

• Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

I looked at EVERY SINGLE picture of that "dweeb" and his car. I even recall reading the poitn about the engine....

You wanna split hairs about calling it a kit car... FINE, call it a replica, and imitation, a poser... .call it what you want, it's not the real fucking thing....

Unlike...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/Picture530.jpg

There's no hairs to split. Its not a 'kit' car. There was no 'kit'. He basically made the whole thing himself, and did a hell of a job.

Not real ? Imitation ? Sure. Still awesome.

I wonder if there are copy right issues?

im thinking even if there were copyright issues, that Lamborghini would look at this guy as a pioneer and a true fan of their brand

Copyright wouldn't really apply.

:)

Really clean build, not many turn out to look exactly like the real thing. They usually look super disproportional. Why do people have to nit pick at stupid shit, this is a highlight of talent, not legal details. Just because you don't have the talent, or are jealous is no reason to worry about how the car is to be licensed. It's a tube frame car, for all intensive purposes it's a racecar.

http://images.craigslist.org/110131141ZZZZZZZZZ8aka90744d389361fc4.jpg

i dont' understand hwy people build kit cars... or the modified Fiero's and shit.... You aren't going to get the same experience.... so basically... you are building it to be seen in it like a chicken headed hood rat.... you might fool people until they get inside and see the "less than desireable" interior. (PS - i know they make interior kits too, really nice ones actually... yet, will hike the price up considerably)

Look at the math... If you get a 80k loan to buy one, the monthly payment would be like 1800 at most... Buti bet you spend about the same per month to fabricate the thing for 4 years.

YOur just butt hurt because he was able to build something better than you could buy.

Oh god, DK has struck again!... Do you ever post up anything worth while or do you actually make an effort to post nothing but useless trash talk?

Oh yeah, your directional tire is on backwards in that pic of your "drift" machine. Is that for better control while sliding down those moutnain roads? lol