Time Attack Subaru, 850awhp

Rally Pat

both the car and driver are badass...some sweet 4 wheel drifts in there, but I'll be honest I was most impressed with the video. It's not often these days you see such a well put together video centered around cars and specifically time attack.

I will now go waste some time watching all other videos from that guy.

both the car and driver are badass...some sweet 4 wheel drifts in there, but I'll be honest I was most impressed with the video. It's not often these days you see such a well put together video centered around cars and specifically time attack.

that car is amazing and yes clash productions makes some pretty sweet videos. i really like this one of his

it looks like your there!

Ummm... I'm going to have to disagree, emphatically, with half of that.

The car is bad ass, but if that video compilation is representative of how he drives all the time, then he is the sloppiest driver ever to win anything. It's time attack, you have no reason to drift or slide off in the dirt. Precision and grip get you fast times, not l337 drifting.

If he drives like that all the time, any success obviously belongs to the car.

Ummm... I'm goignt to have to disagree, emphatically, with half of that.

The car is bad ass, but if that video compilation is representative of how he drives all the time, then he is the sloppiest driver ever to win anything. It's time attack, you have no reason to drift or slide off in the dirt. Precision and grip get you fast times, not l337 drifting.

If he drives like that all the time, any success obviously belongs to the car.

I'm agreeing with you, because in any scenario, regardless of how nice or top notch a car might be, it's still 10% car and 90% driver. I wasn't all too impressed with his driving considering it was supposed to be circuit time attack. Drifting and dropping tires slows you down quite a bit, especially if you're breaking a good line. Even though it looks like he might be a former rally star by the way he drives, the car does seem to be quite the boss.

I'm agreeing with you, because in any scenario, regardless of how nice or top notch a car might be, it's still 10% car and 90% driver. I wasn't all too impressed with his driving considering it was supposed to be circuit time attack. Drifting and dropping tires slows you down quite a bit, especially if you're breaking a good line. Even though it looks like he might be a former rally star by the way he drives, the car does seem to be quite the boss.

The line is a lie!

Actually, that article doesn't contradict you at all. I posted it because it points out a skill that is needed for fast laps, one that the best drivers have, and one that this guy is completely devoid of: mid corner speed. He comes in slow and rockets out, spinning everything. He relies entirely on his engine and his brakes to get him around. I'd venture a guess that he'd be faster with 100 or 200 less horsepower, he might actually be able to maintain throttle through a turn.

Eric you're correct, but who's to say those clips were from his timed runs and not practice? It would seem to make the most exciting video they'd want to take the most out of control moments. You really only see about 3 "wild" corners thru the video, the rest are under control.

He obviously did something correct to have won (not only at that event but took 1st in 3 others and a 2nd and a 3rd). I'm not saying the car didn't have a LARGE amount of credit there but I find it hard to believe that there wasn't any competition that would have been able to pull thru if he was that shoddy of a driver.

Either way the video is highly entertaining and quite well made.

You guys should post up your time attack times.

I've had the stopwatch put on me at a few tracks. Of course, that's not going to mean anything to anyone here unless they drove the exact same track in the exact same conditions. Track times can vary up to 3 seconds at Mid Ohio just bast on time of day.

Eric you're correct, but who's to say those clips were from his timed runs and not practice?

Refer to my first post: " ...if that video compilation is representative of how he drives all the time...". I'm with ya. ;)

I think you should email Roger Clark Motorsport and tell them you would be a better fit for driver and why.

I said Randy Pobst would. ;)

Beleive it or not, some people 'round here actually know shit about shit. The video showed sloppy driving. It was a complilation of things that I give myself a hard time for doing. Dropping a wheel is not good, and this guy isn't the best drivar evar.

I would love to swap my setup into a 2door . I would love to know WTH he has done to that thing.

I'm very attracted by the older body style 2-door.. that thing is fucking beast. I love at :55 sec when he's got it 3 wheelin' through the corner, bad assss.

I can't remember, but what's the chassis code for that older 2-door?

I'm very attracted by the older body style 2-door.. that thing is fucking beast. I love at :55 sec when he's got it 3 wheelin' through the corner, bad assss.

I can't remember, but what's the chassis code for that older 2-door?

GC