Time Attack Subaru, 850awhp

Rally Pat

Not to keep harping on them, but, why 18's?:

http://members.cox.net/wrxparts/images/milleniumoncarmacro.jpg

They can put together a good power package, both going and stopping, but the details are a bit amiss.

Basics in racing world, two things determine wheel size:

-Brake Size

-Rules

You never give yourself more brake than you need, because its unsprung weight and rotating mass.

You never give yourself more wheel than you need. You run the smallest wheel that will fit over your brakes, because a bit of sidewall is actually a good thing, especially with a super tight suspension.

It reeks of a build-by-numbers car. Big power, big brakes, big wheels, expensive suspension, = Fast right? Not right.

If they were to go with 17s and some Hoosiers, I'm sure it would tidy things up in the traction area.

This is true, but why not a 26.6" tire on a 17" rim? Would probably be cheaper too. ;)

:lol: who knows what he was doing. I am on the same bandwagon as you as far as wheel/tire size logic goes. I mean for what it's worth, the guy might not even know better judging by his driving. :p

EDIT* I found out he's using 19x8 wheels for the track.. *smacks head*

:lol: who knows what he was doing. I am on the same bandwagon as you as far as wheel/tire size logic goes. I mean for what it's worth, the guy might not even know better judging by his driving. :p

EDIT* I found out he's using 19x8 wheels for the track.. *smacks head*

You gotta have big rims if you want to pick up bitches!