Recommend me a tuner (WRX)

Buteo

I have a 2005 cobb stage 2 wrx, pretty basic mods. I am moving to Denver for 3 months in November and just noticed they only have 91 octane out there. Can someone recommend me a tuner in the columbus area that can tune the cobb?

I tried calling Mead a couple of times today with no answer or message. I need this done asap as I am shipping my car out November 1st or so.

Any help would be appreciated!

Slo Motion are the only guys I know who might be able to help you.

Just got off the phone with slo motion. I pretty much have to go to Mead because they are one of the few places that can tune the cobb ap.

Get rid of the Cobb and use Open ECU. You can tune the stock ECU. You will make money selling your Cobb. Y use a piggyback tuner when you can tune the stock ECU? :rolleyes:

Because I bought the cobb in 2004 when there were few tuners around. Living in an rural area it was simple to load maps offline, hell i could probably find one for 91 but I'd rather have someone do it hands on this time.

You think I'm new to this? :gtfo:

That's the assumption when you post a thread asking for help with something as basic as tuning. If you want help in the future, don't criticize the help you're given.

I asked for someone to recommend a tuner for the cobb, not someone telling me I have the wrong software. Completely different topic.

have it tuned where you are going, it really needs to be tuned for the altitude.

Advice taken, I just downloaded a v1.3 91 oct map. I am going to load it once I'm out there and run it until I find a place with a protuner.

I can't do cobb :( If you want to yank the cobb out and sell It I will gladly help you out. We can take it for what ever octane you want for the most part it will be just yanking a small amount of timing. Honesty the biggest concern should be to check your compensation tables out. You don't want the car to "Turn the boost up" because of the lower temps and pressure changes.

Other then that if you want to keep your cobb contact Brian Meade he's a good guy.

If its only a stage 2 car or something cobb has the maps on there website for free. If you have any questions shot me a pm I can give you my numbers. If its only a stage 2 car (TBE) we could even do it on the street if you yank the cobb out.

Unless you using the live map switching the cobb buys you very little.

http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/subaru/new/04WRXMaps.html

I could not remember what year your car was. Please post your mods. If the car is just an exhaust car I would suggest a off the shelf map to get there and once there check it out to make sure shits happy. The off the shelf maps are usually very consertive and since your making a drastic change It's what I would do.

Denver rocks btw

If you do have the cable for logging and uploading maps and want to use a OTS map I've got some time this weekend I could help you datalog the car and make sure the car is reacting ok to the map.

Thanks Thorne, I figured that was the case. I already loaded a 91 oct map so I should be good to go. If it runs ok out there I probably wont even get a better tune as I should be back in a few months. I sent Bryon Mead an email, so if he suggests anything else regarding the tune I will do that as well.

I would be willing to yank the cobb out, but I just love the thing. I love the valet mode, cel stuff, boost, etc...