Some help with Cameras

Radio Flyer1647545514

I've been becoming very interested in photography, so I need some advice on cameras.

I'm looking at the Digital SLR cameras, for the fact that I can change lenses as I get more into the scene.

Any advice on a good camera that would be a good starter?

Also, my mom would be using this as well in her classroom.

I've been looking at canons and Nikon cameras, so any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Well to be honest go into like a Camera place and try out both the Canons and the Nikons to find out what you both like best. My girl has a photo deg from OU and uses a Canon XT, and her best friend that also did the photo thing has the D40 Nikon. Those two are very even and I would compare them like pepsi and coke. So find what brand you like, and then find one around the price you want. Going with either if you don't have any lenes is just personal taste.

Yeah I like Canon, but that says nothing. Nikons most recent cameras are very nice. The last generation was a little noisy. Really now I'd say the only difference between them is the feel and the menus/controls. I really like Nikons built in off camera flash control, but there are ways around that problem.

If your not wanting to get a prosumer DSLR then a Canon XSi or a nikon D90 would do well. You could also get the older versions for a pretty good price right now since the new ones just came out and everyones trading up to them.

Go to Midwest Photo Exchange they are always very nice and helpful when I go in there and they have a good selection of gear.

I have a Nikon D40 and my co-worker has a Cannon EOS and Cannon 40D, the 40D destroys my Nikon, but my Nikon beats out his EOS in noise and over all performance.... like everyone has said, it's all up to person preference because it's like Pepsi and Coke.... Now that I have a D-SLR, I'll never go back... although it doesn't hurt to have a pocket sized point and shoot because hauling around a big camera with lenses gets heavy after a while if you aren't trying to take professional pictures. :)