is it just me?

pontiacfreak142

Or does anyone else think this is kinda crap. If anyone else really goes out to NTR very often you might know what im talking about.

Story:

Basically, There is a guy that comes out on wednsday nights and other big events to do pictures. He usually stands on the left side of the track and gets some real nice pictures. So a buddy of mine reminded me yesterday to look, because i had been wanting a good front shot of my car launching. I get on the web site and litterally watch about 600 pictures worth slide show (only way you can view them), just to find out there is not 1 damn picture of me, but 10-15 of some other people. Now i realized that each folder (slideshow) was limited to 200 pictures a piece, and only one of them was actually from wednsday nights (but i was at the other events that i viewed to). So i emailed the guy hoping that he maybe he just picked his favorite pics to put in the slide show, and just had the rest some where else. I also told him him he might actually get a little more business if others actually knew that he had pics of them.

Today i get a reply that kinda made me scratch my head. He said "tries" to be fair to everyone, but then contradicts himself and turns around and say's that he mainly aims for the people that he knows will buy them, plus there are some people he just doesnt like. Now the whole thing that confuses me is, he has a few pics of my dad and a few of the other people we hang out with out there, but not one of them has ever even been on the web site let alone bought anything from him.

I do understand the guy is just trying to make money, but would'nt you think it would be a better idea to get as many different people as possible? I mean if it cost the guy money to do it, i could understand not wanting to waste time taking pictures of people that more than likely arent going to buy them, but he uses a digital camera and uploads them to the site. The sad thing is, i do know a few people that were really interested in buying some of this guy. Oh well, guess he doesnt want very much business.

Guest tbutera2112
I am not going to lie man, I wouldn't think someone would want a picture of their purple V6 Firebird either. Not trying to hate on you or your car, but as a photographer I would probably pass you up.

i disagree....hes out every single week, so he obviously has a passion for his car and racing, just because its not a 12 second car, doesnt mean he wouldnt want pictures of it, its obviously a major hobby of his

i disagree....hes out every single week, so he obviously has a passion for his car and racing, just because its not a 12 second car, doesnt mean he wouldnt want pictures of it, its obviously a major hobby of his

I don't think a photographer would think too much like that.

I didn't say he wouldn't want pictures of his OWN car reject, I said the photographer wouldn't think someone would want pictures of a purple Firebird. Would you take pictures of it if you saw it in a Wal-Mart parking lot? :gtfo:

I don't think a photographer would think too much like that.

Exactly.

Once again, not trying to hate on you, but you have to see it through his eyes and his eyes make him money.

MAYBE, just MAYBE, next time ask him and tell him you want to purchase them. Guarantee he will take tons of pictures.

I didn't say he wouldn't want pictures of his OWN car reject, I said the photographer wouldn't think someone would want pictures of a purple Firebird. Would you take pictures of it if you saw it in a Wal-Mart parking lot? :gtfo:

The guy has like 4 pics of a purple camaro...

Guest tbutera2112

hey, thanks for being a fuckin prick!! youre a winner!!

gary said that the guy takes pics to sell to people who he knows would buy them...aka the owners....he doesnt take pics of cars so he can market them to random ass people

Exactly.

Once again, not trying to hate on you, but you have to see it through his eyes and his eyes make him money.

MAYBE, just MAYBE, next time ask him and tell him you want to purchase them. Guarantee he will take tons of pictures.

like i said in my first post, i do understand the guy is trying to make money, but what would it hurt to try to get pictures of more people than just the few that he did? id think you have a better chance of making money that way.

Here lets sexify this thread for Tyler.

http://www.supercharger.net/members/david/car10.jpg

http://www.ricks-automotive.com/images/AUCTION%2006262007/84189.JPG

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1569/316408665tmhmeuph1996firebird4.jpg

http://thumbs.automart.com/imgs/ag/automart/cst/351/314/8/893/359/92/online/thumb/12170130551000511036255001030.jpg

WOoooooooo

like i said in my first post, i do understand the guy is trying to make money, but what would it hurt to try to get pictures of more people than just the few that he did? id think you have a better chance of making money that way.

Link to his site? I think it will solve a lot of questions.

Here lets sexify this thread for Tyler.

http://www.supercharger.net/members/david/car10.jpg

http://www.ricks-automotive.com/images/AUCTION%2006262007/84189.JPG

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1569/316408665tmhmeuph1996firebird4.jpg

http://thumbs.automart.com/imgs/ag/automart/cst/351/314/8/893/359/92/online/thumb/12170130551000511036255001030.jpg

WOoooooooo

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I don't make a full time gig of photography, but I do a fair share of corporate event and sporting event gigs on the side and while I don't often get out to the track like I used to, I would always make it a point to shoot everyone.

Not sure why he feels the way he does, but perhaps it's his way of doing business.

I will say that I turned to making money back in 2003 at an SCCA event here in Cbus when I shot a guy from Net Jets. Then he brought a friend. Then I did an event for them. Then I shot a few parties. Then I shot family portraits.

All the above centered around two guys and two cars. From there, but practice has grown and enough so that I buy most of my gear with profits from my shoots.

I do zero advertising and have gigs just about every week. I keep myself way, way limited in the number of events strictly becuase it does take time to do both during and post processing (some but not much).

Other than just his way of doing business, which perhaps works for him, hell, I'd shoot a guy in a POS for the hell of it. Not because I care if they will buy a CD of images, but more so because I know first hand where the deal could lead. Besides, memory cards are dirt cheap and at 6-10 frames per second, I can nail just about any car at any point as they go down the track :bangbang:

I don't make a full time gig of photography, but I do a fair share of corporate event and sporting event gigs on the side and while I don't often get out to the track like I used to, I would always make it a point to shoot everyone.

Not sure why he feels the way he does, but perhaps it's his way of doing business.

I will say that I turned to making money back in 2003 at an SCCA event here in Cbus when I shot a guy from Net Jets. Then he brought a friend. Then I did an event for them. Then I shot a few parties. Then I shot family portraits.

All the above centered around two guys and two cars. From there, but practice has grown and enough so that I buy most of my gear with profits from my shoots.

I do zero advertising and have gigs just about every week. I keep myself way, way limited in the number of events strictly becuase it does take time to do both during and post processing (some but not much).

Other than just his way of doing business, which perhaps works for him, hell, I'd shoot a guy in a POS for the hell of it. Not because I care if they will buy a CD of images, but more so because I know first hand where the deal could lead. Besides, memory cards are dirt cheap and at 6-10 frames per second, I can nail just about any car at any point as they go down the track :bangbang:

my point exactly. if it actually did cost the guy something to do this, i wouldnt bitch.